Windows 10: worm messing up all the pc s in the house

Discus and support worm messing up all the pc s in the house in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; trojan worm keeps using the resources on all my pcs, it started last year when someone tried to pull my files out ui says it's still there, but you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PennyAmora, Apr 1, 2019.

1. worm messing up all the pc s in the house

trojan worm keeps using the resources on all my pcs, it started last year when someone tried to pull my files out ui says it's still there, but you dig deeper you find all files are 68 kb and r ghosted. I did avoid the ransom end by deleting my account (I was getting emailed asking me if I was ready to be rid of my new pest problem) then my PC was part ofn a work group he was admin of, with about 200 others, I did a lot of digging, it always goes undetected by AV software and scans, and assumes admin privileges so you can't alter it's uac. I ended up deleting the entire operating system including recovery factory partition (yep), and that pc still works fine with a USB drive acting as file history and recovery, but I bought my self a new one at Xmas, put my account on it (mind you I had not heard at all from malware all year, and new PC promptly installed operating system on recovery drive and was not able to update. HP did a return, but I suspected the virus imported to new pc, though I did turn sharing off. So new pc now has complete new account, all photos in cloud, so I never downloaded any associated software except mccaffy, Its been a month or so now, and for fun I pulled up resource monitor last week and see it using four gigs of ram at idle, and I don't have much going on, spotify is all I run usually, Then my daughter says the laptop I got her for xmas wont stream you tube (that's literally all she does with it) though I did register and put mcaffy on there for her, all she did was open edge and go to you tube, nothing else. well her little pc when I started looking was a 90 percent memory usage and processor was 70, in the event logs it throwing warning and critical admin logs multiple ntime per second, so I reset windows and browser, but its still here, I can tell bc it always makes edge turn to explorer 10 I think, and has wild tangent games, priceline, com amazon bookmarked. That was on an old laptop in 2009 that the babies used to play with. no matter how many times I uninstall it comes back, shredder wont finish it either. I would manually change name of folder and delete before it protects itself, but I cant find where it is. I have a general idea, windows\user\temp or app data, but thts mixed with aloth of important I assume sys32 files, and in don't know much to be messin with restriced files. this is fourth pc this worm is in, and while I can keep them going, they don't perform well with a third of the resources being siphoned off. What sould I do just buy a mac? I have done 100s of password changes and created new accounts. I did recover the old account a few months back just to see what happened and the last page it was on was the dev\uwp site, with about 150 open tabs, most about how to get paid for apps in store, having money sent to Uganda etc. While there I inquired to moderator if someone had used my account for some nefarious purpose, and was told that's the wrong place to ask this question (which seems opposite to me but, I was also told by Microsoft, mcaffy and hp that I don't have any malware, to which I reply brig your laptop to my house and log onto my wifi. so far no one is willing lol

:)

PennyAmora, Apr 1, 2019

2. Worms?

No. Malware doesn't hide around the corner and then jump into your PC when your eyes are averted. It would however be like leaving your lights, AC, etc on while you went on holiday and wasting energy for no reason (as that is exactly what you would be doing). What about Worms?

Worms can't "crawl" into a machine that isn't powered.
    They may be able to get into machines that are sleeping and have Wake-on-LAN set.

lehnerus2000, Apr 1, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 1, 2019
  4. DK_8888 Win User

worm messing up all the pc s in the house

Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

Hi,

my computer has been infected by these 2 viruses (Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U). Whenever I scan with Windows Defender it does not find anything. However, when i reboot the computer it automatically quarantines them each time i reboot.

How do i get rid of these viruses?? Is there a safe program outside of Windows Defender? I tried deleting some temporary files and updating my java and chrome as this website suggested but no luck. Please help! Thanks!

DK_8888, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

worm messing up all the pc s in the house

1. worm messing up all the pc s in the house - Similar Threads - worm messing house

2. pc color messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc color messed up: so my pc color is like rainbow and i don’t know how to fix it. The pc start to having this problem is when i accidentally turn off the power cord while the pc is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-color-messed-up/d204080d-29c9-40a2-8dec-882a12984f28
  3. pc color messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc color messed up: so my pc color is like rainbow and i don’t know how to fix it. The pc start to having this problem is when i accidentally turn off the power cord while the pc is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-color-messed-up/d204080d-29c9-40a2-8dec-882a12984f28
  4. pc color messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. W A D S keys messing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W A D S keys messing up: When i play a game and i hold down the W A D S Key and let go my player keeps moving for a few seconds and then he stops ive tried removing my plugin keyboard and resetting it up but that didnt do anything someone please help me...
  6. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  7. Icon grid all messed up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon grid all messed up?: After changing the font text size on my parents computer, it was too big and so I changed it back, but it seems that after I did that, this started happening. The grid all messed up. The highlight is very wide. It doesn't let me move any icons other than those positions and...
  8. Drivers and Windows are all messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drivers and Windows are all messed up: Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore, They however worked in bios menu (( well keyboard did )) and well i did system...
  9. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...
  10. Time zone is all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone is all messed up: I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone. So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February...