Windows 10: Worried about malware infection

Discus and support Worried about malware infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello!My friend decided to download a mod for GTA V when I was gone and he installed a virus and I've gotten about 50-60 viruses from 1... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HelloIAmStfu, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Worried about malware infection

Hello!My friend decided to download a mod for GTA V when I was gone and he installed a virus and I've gotten about 50-60 viruses from 1 application.I've already deleted all of them and safely continued. But every single day they multiply and I have to delete them everyday.I deleted with Windows Defender and I use Avast and Malwarebytes.Today I used Windows MSERT and deleted 1 virus none of them found. But I am scared that they will still multiply. Could anyone help me?[Original Title: Please help me.]

:)

HelloIAmStfu, Dec 5, 2021
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 5, 2021
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Dec 5, 2021
  4. lisaglenn Win User

Worried about malware infection

How to Fix a Malware Infected Computer?

Hi everyone..*Smile Worried about malware infection :)
    My system was infected with a Malware. Even after malware has been removed from a computer many of the problems caused by it still remain.
    How do I Recover my Important Files Deleted During Infection?

lisaglenn, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Worried about malware infection

1. Worried about malware infection - Similar Threads - Worried malware infection

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am worried about Malware in my system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am worried about Malware in my system: A few months back I had downloaded a few sketchy apps off the web, and windows defender had picked up the applications as Trojans. Despite the anti-virus giving me a heads up about the malware, I still forcefully waived the alert and downloaded the application. I deleted the...
  6. I am worry about Malware in my System

I am worry about Malware in my System: A few months back I had downloaded a few sketchy apps off the web, and windows defender had picked up the applications as Trojans. Despite the anti-virus giving me a heads up about the malware, I still forcefully waived the alert and downloaded the application. I deleted the...
  7. Malware infection

Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  8. Possible malware infection?

Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  9. Is it something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it something to worry about?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashwinp123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejhwa0/is_it_something_to_worry_about/
  10. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...