Windows 10: Worry Voltage with CPU

Discus and support Worry Voltage with CPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, so since installing my AMD 3700x on a MSI Gaming pro carbon wifi everything as been fantastic, well apart from temperatures and voltage for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anthrax2471, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Worry Voltage with CPU

Hey guys, so since installing my AMD 3700x on a MSI Gaming pro carbon wifi everything as been fantastic, well apart from temperatures and voltage for the cpu. I have not overclocked the CPU just enabled X.M.P in bios, I'm using an air cooler with two Corsair SP120mm fans with the EVGA DG85 case with 8 fans (10 including the CPU) yet on desktop with nothing running apart from HWMonitor my temps are ideling about 50c, any ideas? I've including some screenshots, the first one is gaming you'll see it hits 81c, second is just desktop nothing running in the background at all and the third is my Windows Version.

:)

anthrax2471, Feb 24, 2020

2. CPU voltage has gone nuts after the latest windows update

Windows asked me to restart my desktop for updates, so I did.

On restart I get CPU fan error and CPU voltage errors. I have a water cooled CPU so I have the fan detection disabled. I go into bios and my CPU voltage is going nuts. On a 4790k it is reading as 2.8v at times, which is crazy. Previously I have it set at
    1.298v with adaptive. Well I thought no biggie i'll just re disable the CPU fan monitor and set a manual voltage and force it to 1.298v and fix it when in windows. I save and exit and do a full power disconnect cycle and have no luck on the restart. The CPU
    is still listing a fan error and CPU voltage error and even though I have forced the CPU to 1.298v on manual it is still reading it as hitting 2.5v.

I have no idea how to fix this.

My usual specs are a 4790k running at 4.6 GHz @ 1.298v adaptive, ram running the XMP profile on it, z87 deluxe motherboards, evo 840 SSD as boot drive, GTX 770. Only the CPU is under water at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I read about it possibly being the power supply being faulty. It could have been coincidence that it went a the same time as the update.

AndrewCaneppele, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 24, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

Worry Voltage with CPU

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Worry Voltage with CPU

1. Worry Voltage with CPU - Similar Threads - Worry Voltage CPU

2. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It worries me...: If I want to delete my account on one pc will it be deleted on my other pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-worries-me/fc757a79-5e3b-485c-8e17-701e33908721
  3. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It worries me...: If I want to delete my account on one pc will it be deleted on my other pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-worries-me/fc757a79-5e3b-485c-8e17-701e33908721
  4. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 5V Voltage Red Alert-Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5V Voltage Red Alert-Desktop: I saw a 5V Voltage red alert on my desktop. It’s causing my computer to restart a lot. How it can be fixed so that it doesn’t happen again? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5v-voltage-red-alert-desktop/d0188ef1-99d4-4047-b39a-b7b20c63fa55
  6. Intel i5 650 ram voltage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel i5 650 ram voltage: I want to but a new ram but i5 650 max voltage is only 1.4 v and new ram has a voltage of 1.5 v will it work properly? In windows 10 I am not able to find answer so I am asking here....
  7. Cmos Battery Voltage Increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos Battery Voltage Increasing: I've noticed that my PC cmos battery voltage has been steadily increasing over the course of a year it was built. I built it in January 2020 and it is reading in hardware monitor 3.192v where it started at 3.070v. Is this a cause for concern? I was thinking about replacing...
  8. Ich10r max voltage.

Ich10r max voltage.: I have an x58 motherboard witch have an ich10 r sata controller. Can u tell me witch is the max safe voltage fo ich10 r (southbridge)? I searched in intel site but i coulden find it. Thnx 46632
  9. CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...

CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...: Is there something odd here? Voltage CPU CORE 1.072 V MEMORY CONTROLLER 3.008 V +5V 5.027 V +12V 4.480 V -12V -8.576 V -5V -8.576 V +5V HIGH THRESHOLD 4.973 V CMOS BATTERY 3.232 V Some of the right hand figures differ substantially from those on the left. Do they tell...
  10. Low Battery Voltage Message

Low Battery Voltage Message: Hello Guys, I have a old DELL desktop running Windows 7 and is my daily PC. This morning when I turned it on it said something like "Low Battery Voltage" press F1 to continue (loaded windows) and perhaps press another key to enter BIOS. But then I turned off for about...