Windows 10: Worse than expected gaming performance

Discus and support Worse than expected gaming performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by virxually, Apr 30, 2021.

1. virxually Win User

Worse than expected gaming performance

Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual, they usually only flicker 2-3 times and then stop, but they flickered like 8 times then I got a windows popup saying some hardware has changed. I originally thought nothing of it until I joined GTA V and my frame rate was terrible, over the past days, I noticed that this performance drop affected all of my games. I then took to Reddit expecting someone to help out, but it ended up being no help to the situation. I just stopped playing GTA and just

:)

virxually, Apr 30, 2021

2. windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Apr 30, 2021
  3. windows 10 microsoft games

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly tell us the steps you have performed when uninstalling the game.

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the steps below to check if it will help us resolve your concern:

• Click the Start button and then click Settings.
    • Choose System and then click Apps & features.
    • Click on the game you are referring to and then click the Uninstall button.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Worse than expected gaming performance

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Worse than expected gaming performance

1. Worse than expected gaming performance - Similar Threads - Worse expected gaming

2. How do i fix the windows 10 bug that is causing my PC's gaming performance to be worse than...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i fix the windows 10 bug that is causing my PC's gaming performance to be worse than...: Recently this has been happening. Anyways, I recently took my gaming PC to a Pc repair shop and they said there's nothing "wrong" with the PC's hardware. They said that it had to do with my drivers are it's a windows 10 bug. Also, they recommend me installing windows 11 even...
  3. How do i fix the windows 10 bug that is causing my PC's gaming performance to be worse than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the windows 10 bug that is causing my PC's gaming performance to be worse than...: Recently this has been happening. Anyways, I recently took my gaming PC to a Pc repair shop and they said there's nothing "wrong" with the PC's hardware. They said that it had to do with my drivers are it's a windows 10 bug. Also, they recommend me installing windows 11 even...
  4. How do i fix the windows 10 bug that is causing my PC's gaming performance to be worse than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my gaming PC performing worse than it usally does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my gaming PC performing worse than it usally does?: I've only had this PC for around 5 months and it's performing worse than it usally does. Is there a way to fix this? I even resetted my PC and it didn't event help ot at all. Also, when I play games my cpu and gpu usage isn't maxed out and it's acting like that.Here are my...
  6. Why is my gaming PC performing worse than it usally does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my gaming PC performing worse than it usally does?: I've only had this PC for around 5 months and it's performing worse than it usally does. Is there a way to fix this? I even resetted my PC and it didn't event help ot at all. Also, when I play games my cpu and gpu usage isn't maxed out and it's acting like that.Here are my...
  7. M2 disk worse performace in game than regular SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    M2 disk worse performace in game than regular SSD?: So recently i bought used M2 ssd (with 99% health check and low usage [according to Samsung Magician software]). I wanted to install Windows 10 and few games there (I formated it before to "factory settings" and set GPT format). My system was not able to boot from this M2...
  8. Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?: Hi, My laptop specs are: Intel Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU Are these specs better or worse for gaming than the Xbox one s? Thanks...
  9. Why does R9 380 perform worse than R9 280X?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why does R9 380 perform worse than R9 280X?: PC1 PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power L7 530W Mobo: Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280X DUAL-X OS: Windows 10 PC2 PSU:...
  10. Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder: I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, and performance was fine. Then later on performance got worse. I notice lag in Firefox here and there and when typing sometimes (even right now). I usually just have Firefox, Steam and Skype open. Now the fan is louder than usual....