Windows 10: worst installation ever!

Discus and support worst installation ever! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So it all started when i was going to get windows 10 TP and i clicked the setup.exe.It went fine all the way till it said getting ready with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by windows 10 guy, Nov 1, 2014.

1. worst installation ever!

So it all started when i was going to get windows 10 TP and i clicked the setup.exe.It went fine all the way till it said getting ready with the windows 10 logo and 3 dots going round it. That suddenly ended! A message came up saying your pc had a problem we are restarting your computer in...and it restarted.Then it came to a screen saying

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v12.2.5
    Copyright Broadcom
    Copyright Intel
    All rights reserved.

Broadcom Base code PXE-2.1 v1.1.1
    Copyright Broadcom
    Copyright Intel
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
    Operating System not found.

I put in my win 7 installation disk and went to custom and it said it could not find any drivers. I have not got a os and i cant install one either. What am i going to do?

Please reply A.S.A.P

Thanks

:)

windows 10 guy, Nov 1, 2014

2. worst phone ever!!!!

my friend also has one and it does the same, i also work in telesales and ive spoken to hundreds of people who have the nokia lumia and they say the same! useless phones

HannahOakes, Nov 1, 2014
  3. leohaque Win User
    worst phone ever

Might be, let me check- still not working.

leohaque, Nov 1, 2014
  4. Tony K Win User

worst installation ever!

Hi there. Sorry to read of your dilemma.

Is it could not find any drivers or drives? Sounds like it may be the cables to your drives needs to be reseated or HD is going bad.

Tony K, Nov 1, 2014
  5. Not one driver was shown

6. Tony K Win User
    I'll assume you mean drives. Drivers are software.

Can you get into the BIOS? My Acer tower is Delete key to get into it during BIOS screen. Yours may be different. Look at the boot order of drives. Does your optical drive show up?

Did Vista originally come on this machine? Does it have a backup partition?

Tony K, Nov 1, 2014
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    I don't suppose there is an option in the Bios to disable the PXE or booting from a network?

Saltgrass, Nov 1, 2014
  8. Tony K Win User

worst installation ever!

The PXE errors are because the system was attempting to boot from your network. This is a very unusual method of booting. The error most likely was caused by a bad ordering of your boot devices. Go to the bios and check that boot order and set your HDD to 1st.

Solved Problems booting windows...

Solved Notebook cant boot

Tony K, Nov 1, 2014
  9. wait a minute my computer just booted into windows 10 setup with the 3 dots going round it!*Wink*Wink

10. it failed just a black screen

11. Tony K Win User
    My best analysis is that it's a hardware problem.

Did you look into the BIOS as suggested? Will it boot using the optical drive now?

Somehow we got to get it to boot to perform tests. An HD test would be first on the list.

Tony K, Nov 1, 2014
  12. Wait (again) I Put in my windows seven installation disk went to custom and selected a drive and it worked reinstalling windows seven now....

13. worst installation ever!

Is there another way I could install windows ten technical preview instead of using a iso. I can't risk damaging my computer again

windows 10 guy, Nov 2, 2014
  14. AddRAM Win User
    Sorry no, The iso has to be put on a dvd or usb stick to do an install.

But if you have a working windows 7, you could start the 10 install from within 7, not the way to do it but.......

In your 1st post you said you clicked on the setup exe. Did you already try to install 10 from within windows 7 ?

If your 7 dvd works then there`s no reason your 10 dvd won`t work.

Did you have a working operating system on your pc ? And what was it ?

AddRAM, Nov 2, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    Installing OSs doesn't damage computers. Do what you will, but I'd be performing some hardware tests on it if you have 7 up and running on it.

Tony K, Nov 2, 2014
Thema:

worst installation ever!

1. worst installation ever! - Similar Threads - worst installation ever

2. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  3. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  4. The worst bug ever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The worst bug ever: [ATTACH][ATTACH] now where should i turn on back up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-worst-bug-ever/ea1a3112-881f-4bcc-a4d1-e089584cfa06
  5. Worst support ever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worst support ever: This is the worst support ever received. All people are better to reinstall the windows that to expect a helpful resolution. Case ID: 1014492361. The support send me a ISO to fix the corrupted system files on the windows 10 and actually made it worse, the PC previously...
  6. Worst windows update ever

Worst windows update ever: Hi, I know it is quite complicated process to update a piece of software and end-up having more bugs for each time you update. I've been using windows since i am using the computer itself but, I've never been so fed up with the OS and made me to reach out here. I lost my 2TB...
  7. THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER: HOW THE **** DID THE DEVS OF MS GET THEIR JOBS THE APP IS SO **** **** CRASHES WHEN DOWNLOADING SEARCH BAR DOESN'T WORK RESETTING IT DOESN'T WORK CLEARING CACHE DOESN'T WORK INSTALLS BLOATWARE **** GIVES ME ERROR CODE WHEN DOWNLOADING HALO WHEN IT SOMEHOW ACTUALLY WORKS...
  8. 2004: Worst Update Ever

in Windows 10 Support
    2004: Worst Update Ever: 2004 is clearly the worst update in the history of Windows and that is saying something. Every computer I updated is screwed up. All said they were ready for the update so I just did what they tell me. Wake up computers and they are useless. No programs open. Can't sign out...
  9. Worst update ever

Worst update ever: The new update is terrible, terrible font, terrible working and mostly all they did was add 50% more ads. If I wanted to fight ads I would go to the AD site thought there is not much difference now. Want my old windows back. Time to look for a new server....
  10. Worst Os Ever

Worst Os Ever: I think this is a tarted up Os of the worst Os built by a pile of monkeys, bring back bill and his team and win 2000 one of the best os for win or im off to apple where real developers are windows i loved but now its all **** ui and nothing goes into the programming...