Windows 10: Worst windows update ever

Discus and support Worst windows update ever in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I know it is quite complicated process to update a piece of software and end-up having more bugs for each time you update. I've been using windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nagendraishere, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Worst windows update ever

Hi,

I know it is quite complicated process to update a piece of software and end-up having more bugs for each time you update. I've been using windows since i am using the computer itself but, I've never been so fed up with the OS and made me to reach out here. I lost my 2TB HDD that had all of my work and documents due to a blue screen of death which was probably caused by the recent updates. Though i managed to recover some files as they were in sync with cloud storage services. Windows is undoubtedly a good OS but, you must come up with the best version of OS itself, launch your apps as individual packages that OS will install itself post installation. This chromium edge is the reason why windows is having so many issue.

No matter how unique the world is and no matter how unique are you. There will always be 100 or 1000 other people doing the same thing as you are doing. It is scary to even think how many people might have lost their data because of BSOD. Please fix this thing and build a strong, robust, stable, sleek OS.

PS: Remember the very first rule of programming "If it works, don't touch it" :

:)

Nagendraishere, Sep 10, 2020

2. Would like to express my gratitude Worst windows update ever :)

Yeah it is, that's why I take shots of my wud list so I can remove what I don't want before installing

eidairaman1, Sep 10, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Worst windows update ever :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 10, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Worst windows update ever

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Worst windows update ever

1. Worst windows update ever - Similar Threads - Worst update ever

2. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  3. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  4. The worst bug ever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The worst bug ever: [ATTACH][ATTACH] now where should i turn on back up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-worst-bug-ever/ea1a3112-881f-4bcc-a4d1-e089584cfa06
  5. Worst support ever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worst support ever: This is the worst support ever received. All people are better to reinstall the windows that to expect a helpful resolution. Case ID: 1014492361. The support send me a ISO to fix the corrupted system files on the windows 10 and actually made it worse, the PC previously...
  6. THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER: HOW THE **** DID THE DEVS OF MS GET THEIR JOBS THE APP IS SO **** **** CRASHES WHEN DOWNLOADING SEARCH BAR DOESN'T WORK RESETTING IT DOESN'T WORK CLEARING CACHE DOESN'T WORK INSTALLS BLOATWARE **** GIVES ME ERROR CODE WHEN DOWNLOADING HALO WHEN IT SOMEHOW ACTUALLY WORKS...
  7. 2004: Worst Update Ever

in Windows 10 Support
    2004: Worst Update Ever: 2004 is clearly the worst update in the history of Windows and that is saying something. Every computer I updated is screwed up. All said they were ready for the update so I just did what they tell me. Wake up computers and they are useless. No programs open. Can't sign out...
  8. Worst update ever

Worst update ever: The new update is terrible, terrible font, terrible working and mostly all they did was add 50% more ads. If I wanted to fight ads I would go to the AD site thought there is not much difference now. Want my old windows back. Time to look for a new server....
  9. Worst Os Ever

Worst Os Ever: I think this is a tarted up Os of the worst Os built by a pile of monkeys, bring back bill and his team and win 2000 one of the best os for win or im off to apple where real developers are windows i loved but now its all **** ui and nothing goes into the programming...
  10. worst installation ever!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    worst installation ever!: So it all started when i was going to get windows 10 TP and i clicked the setup.exe.It went fine all the way till it said getting ready with the windows 10 logo and 3 dots going round it. That suddenly ended! A message came up saying your pc had a problem we are restarting...