Windows 10: Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

Discus and support Worth optimizing regedit for gaming? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it worth changing some values in regedit/registry to "optimize" windows for gaming? As well as disabling certain stuff such as dvr etc... You know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krisstijan, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

Is it worth changing some values in regedit/registry to "optimize" windows for gaming? As well as disabling certain stuff such as dvr etc... You know all those videos with optimizing packs and stuff

submitted by /u/krisstijan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/krisstijan, Apr 13, 2021

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Apr 13, 2021
  3. GFR
    gfr Win User
    Running Optimize literally does nothing; in PS it yields an error

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.906) and fully updating it, and updating all of the Dell drivers from Dell.com, I tried the following Optimize and Defrag options from How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 (tenforums.com/tutorials/8933-optimize-defrag-drives-windows-10-a.html):

• OPTION ONE: To Optimize Drives in Optimize Drives Tool: Steps 2, 3, and 4,
    • OPTION TWO: To Optimize Drives in Command Prompt: Step 2, and
    • OPTION THREE: To Optimize Drives in PowerShell: Step 3
    The four steps attempted from Options 1 and 2 resulted in no notice action; i.e., it appeared as though nothing happened after executing the commands.

When I ran Step 3 of Option 3, I received the following error message.

What does this mean and now what do I do?

Thanks!

Worth optimizing regedit for gaming? [​IMG]

4. Arun B J Win User

Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

1. Worth optimizing regedit for gaming? - Similar Threads - Worth optimizing regedit

2. enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication: Hey community,is this accurate for my qustion?Once Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key location-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStoreNow right click on Explorer. Select New > DWORD 32-bit Value.Name the newly created DWORD to GameDVR_DSEBehavior and hit...
  3. enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication: Hey community,is this accurate for my qustion?Once Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key location-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStoreNow right click on Explorer. Select New > DWORD 32-bit Value.Name the newly created DWORD to GameDVR_DSEBehavior and hit...
  4. Fullscreen optimizations for gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen optimizations for gaming: [ATTACH] Good day. So I've been curious about this fullscreen optimization feature and what it actually does. I've read somewhere else that it may even break things or cause apps to work worse. I've been trying to fix this issue where, I'm playing genshin impact in...
  5. Is game mode worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is game mode worth it?: I saw in a video to turn off game mode and I saw in another video to turn on game mode. In this point in time, is game mode worth it? submitted by /u/Cherry-Character [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/luzeqd/is_game_mode_worth_it/
  6. optimization for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optimization for gaming: How about a stripped down OS streamline for gaming or a startup setting for such a configuration? I just don't need a ton of excess services and media support to play a game, it just bogs me down.... I usually just wind up killing unwanted processes but this sometimes has...
  7. Gaming : optimizing experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming : optimizing experience: Dear support team, I contact you as I would like to opitmize my gaming experience on Fortnite. Due to slowness, I have just rebooted my laptop. (It used to work quite well) Should I reinstall graphic Drivers or other drivers ? What can I do to increase the speed of the...
  8. 4K PC Gaming Worth it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K PC Gaming Worth it?: I'm thinking about picking up a 60" 4K HDTV strictly for PC gaming. Does anyone have any experience with 4K gaming on a PC and is it a noticeable difference between 1080p and 4K? I plan to sit about 3-4 feet away while gaming. Also would I have to run 2 GPU's in SLI to...
  9. Is Windows 10 worth trying for games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 worth trying for games?: Honest question: is it worth updating to windows 10 now? is the difference noticeable? I have windows 8.1 and tried windows 10 a couple of months ago and i thought it was complete garbage, forced updates, crashing starting menu, it felt unresponsive compared to windows 8.1,...
  10. gaming optimization tweaks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming optimization tweaks: hi, i am starting getting into gaming on my laptop, my laptop hasnt got the best specs for gaming and would like to know if ut of there's any settings i can tweak to get the most the experience. specs are: i7 2.9ghz, 12gb ram, amd 7570m radeon hd. hp elitebook 8470p....