Windows 10: Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

Discus and support Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Hi everyone. I am just a perpetual learner 77 years old great grandma who battles with computers for years, and never learns enough. Here I wonder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoraidaQH, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ZoraidaQH Win User

Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

Hi.

Hi everyone.
    I am just a perpetual learner 77 years old great grandma who battles with computers for years, and never learns enough. Here I wonder if any of you can tell me that if I place my 1TB USB storage to store a Recovery Disk, would all my recorded data in my 1 TB be deleted? It is said that for a Recovery disk for Windows 10 a 16GB USB pen drive is sufficient. But I have none of these type. So, I followed all the steps to create a Recovery disk and suddenly a caution came : Be aware that all your data drive will be deleted. So, I decided not to go ahead. Because I did not know if that meant that all the data of the my current Recovery disk will be deleted as it goes in the USB storage or indeed will be deleted all my precious data kept in my 1TB for the last 4 years.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

:)

ZoraidaQH, Mar 27, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Mar 27, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

streetfighter 2, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

1. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it? - Similar Threads - 1TB USB storage

2. How to add disk to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add disk to USB: My USB does not display any disk in File Explorer, whenever I try to access it, it will always say this:How do I add a disk to my USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-disk-to-usb/dab69ba0-0946-41f9-86a5-b43671059e15
  3. How to add disk to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add disk to USB: My USB does not display any disk in File Explorer, whenever I try to access it, it will always say this:How do I add a disk to my USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-disk-to-usb/dab69ba0-0946-41f9-86a5-b43671059e15
  4. How to add disk to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recovery from a USB recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery from a USB recovery disk: Hello,Please can you help.My 1tb hdd in my laptop has crashed. Fortunately, I created a USB Recovery disk.I purchased a 250gb ssd as a replacement, intending to use a portable drive for storage and ssd just for boot and apps.I tried recovering from USP Recovery disk, but it...
  6. Will deleting a pool from Storage Spaces wipe out the data on the disks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will deleting a pool from Storage Spaces wipe out the data on the disks?: Hi guys. I'm trying to help a friend swap out his SSD for an M.2 drive. He has a 500GB SSD (OS drive I want to image to the M.2) and a 2TB data drive. His m.2 wasn't showing up in Disk Management, and after some digging, I realized he was using Storage Spaces and windows...
  7. Data recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery from USB: Hello, Recently I decided to reinstall Windows and used USB flash drive for it. I downloaded Media Creation Tool but used the wrong USB and now its data is gone. I tried some apps to recover but they didn't help. How can I recover my data? Thanks in advance submitted by...
  8. Recovery Of Deleted User data

Recovery Of Deleted User data: I have an old user on my hp-all in one PC that i have deleted and i want all the data from that user back the name of the user is sreedeep sreederhan my new user's name is aarav sreedeep...
  9. USB data recovery

USB data recovery: Hi I am charan I had stored all my photos and videos in a USB drive after a few weeks. I can't find my photos and files and it is blank Can I know are there any free use software for USB data recovery Can I get help Please? Thanks...
  10. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?: Hi, I have tried to create a Recovery Disk for my PC with Windows 10. I followed all the steps given and there came a caution saying: Be aware that all your data drive will be deleted. This put me off and I did not precede. As I could not understand that data that would be...