Windows 10: Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

Discus and support Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so I was considering a ram upgrade to 16 GBs Kingston HyperX in a laptop of 1600 MHz bus . Kingston have a selection of three bus rams I can buy :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

Ok so I was considering a ram upgrade to 16 GBs Kingston HyperX in a laptop of 1600 MHz bus . Kingston have a selection of three bus rams I can buy : 1600 , 1866 , 2133 . The only problem is return policy as I am going to buy them on a trip and will be back home by return due date .

1 - I am used to over clocking my older rams using Intel Extreme program , highest I can get though is raising it to bus 900x2 (1800) where any higher and the system might freeze , now I wonder if I can get rams that were actually designed to run at even higher speeds would overclocking run at higher clock than that since theoretically it can deal with heat much better on such buses ?

2 - Also everybody keep telling me that rams with higher bus would run fine on a system only underclocks to system bus , I have had an experience in distant past that a laptop rejected to boot with different bus rams , was that issue solved in modern rams ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 21, 2018

2. HyperX Automatic Overclocking the higher MHz the better ?

I am aware of the slow down the rams will get to meet system's bus which is actually 1600MHz however my question is :
    Wouldnt buying a ram that is capable of operating at a higher bus act better when over-clocked since it is designed to work at nearly double the bus speed ?

Also please from whomever had a HyperX or similar upgrade would you hint us some on how it works ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 21, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    HyperX Automatic Overclocking the higher MHz the better ?

Does your laptop permit overclocking?

bobkn, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

HyperX Automatic Overclocking the higher MHz the better ?

Ok so I was planning to upgrade rams on a DDR3L 1600MHz laptop I have and then I cam across an interesting finding that Kingston managed to make rams that can automatically overclock themselves . They have been around for a while now but till date I see no in depth information of how they work nor real support from Kingston's side , nothing but braggers that just like to post they have one up their rigs .

So basically my question is , I found HyperX rams to come in 3 speeds 1600 , 1866 & 2133 with minor difference in price , now that my laptop's bus/cpu are designed to operate at 1600MHz wouldn't it still be better if I went for the 2133MHz version knowing it can handle the overclocking heat much better that the thing is actually designed for near DDR4 speed ?

P.S I have tried both my laptop's & kingston support and had no feed back from both since on that one .

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

1. Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ? - Similar Threads - ram higher MHz

2. RAM issues with MHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM issues with MHz: https://www.proshop.dk/RAM/Corsair-Vengeance-LPX-DDR4-3200-C16-BK-DC-16GB/2512327Link^HelloI have these ram sticks. They display 3200MHz in asrock bios, but in-game they only show 1900MHz as stated in these pics. XMP profile 1 is turned on. Boot manager doesn't show RAM speed...
  3. RAM issues with MHz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM issues with MHz: https://www.proshop.dk/RAM/Corsair-Vengeance-LPX-DDR4-3200-C16-BK-DC-16GB/2512327Link^HelloI have these ram sticks. They display 3200MHz in asrock bios, but in-game they only show 1900MHz as stated in these pics. XMP profile 1 is turned on. Boot manager doesn't show RAM speed...
  4. RAM issues with MHz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Overclocking 5400 Mhz Limit on Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overclocking 5400 Mhz Limit on Windows 10 Home?: When i overclock my Intel 9600K processor to 5300 Mhz, the sistem is stable , and i can run any program and benchmark programs to test it, and it works fine. But when i put to 5400 Mhz the system is booting and the windows start normaly , and even i can play some old games...
  6. RAM memory idling higher than normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM memory idling higher than normal: So I let my dad use my laptop for work over the weekend. He left open maybe 30 tabs between word, pdf, and chrome; some downloads too. I noticed my RAM memory is now idling at 30%. I read that this is due to cached data? How can I remedy this? submitted by /u/Yintwin...
  7. HyperX Automatic Overclocking the higher MHz the better ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperX Automatic Overclocking the higher MHz the better ?: Ok so I was planning to upgrade rams on a DDR3L 1600MHz laptop I have and then I cam across an interesting finding that Kingston managed to make rams that can automatically overclock themselves . They have been around for a while now but till date I see no in depth...
  8. Laptop ram question (Mhz)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop ram question (Mhz): Good morning. I helped my Nephew out with his computer, did a lot of maintenance. His computer has 4GB of ram, and just after startup, half of his RAM is being used for background programs. So, time for an upgrade. Refresh my memory (pun intended). Right now his ram...
  9. Ram Mhz Cut In Half

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram Mhz Cut In Half: I have a 16Gb dual channel kit with 2133mhz of speed My computer reads that i have all 16gb but I cant run 2133mhz without overclocking and im not going to be doing that anytime soon. Here is the issue when i go into my bios settings to adjust the Mhz I put it to 1600Mhz when...
  10. Higher RAM consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Higher RAM consumption: mr.rifas ahamed: I am using ASUS Pro P2540UV configured with Corei5, 8GB, 1TB HDD and Nvidia 920MX for last 2 months. Windows 10 Pro had been installed with this. After working for a while with various application, amount of RAM consumption does not reduce to initial level...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motherboard supports 1066/1337/1600 mhz ram and my ram is now 1600mhz can this support overclocking ?

2. can mempry overclock faster than motherboard

3. what if i buy higher mhz ram then my bios handle