Windows 10: Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?

Discus and support Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. Existing installation is Windows 10 Education (activated), and I already have an ISO downloaded from Media Creation Tool using a Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DefeatistNudnick, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?

Title.

Existing installation is Windows 10 Education (activated), and I already have an ISO downloaded from Media Creation Tool using a Windows 10 Pro computer.

Do the editions have to be the same too or just the builds & language?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/DefeatistNudnick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DefeatistNudnick, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?

In place upgrade with windows 10 iso

InPlace upgrades [also called Repair installs] only apply to a running Windows system. You need to insert the installation USB [or mount the installation ISO by double-clicking on it in File explorer] then run its setup.exe file. It asks you to make a
    few decisions then it gets on with it on its own. There is a guide in
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

You will have to ask HP what is on their recovery DVD & USB. It is probably safe to assume that they include drivers for all the hardware that was in the computer when it was bought. This link explains some tools that Windows can make for you

Recovery options in Windows 10
    - "Recovery drives" & installation disks.

The reason you are not seeing an option for a Repair install in the WRE is, as explained above, that this can only be run within Windows itself.

To avoid having to clean install because none of the available repair procedures can cope with whatever is wrong -

• make a Recovery drive with the system files option set [I could not get this to work and many others have had the same problem. It has not been fixed. Some people have succeeded in making them so the only way to find out seems to be to try it]
    or

• make regular system images and restore one of them instead [which is what I do]. See

System Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      To restore an image, I boot from my installation USB but choose
      Repair my computer instead of Install then go through the menu - Troubleshoot, Advanced, System image recovery.

Denis

Tryx3, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?

1. Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT? - Similar Threads - place upgrade Education

2. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...
  3. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...
  4. MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042: On 9/23/2022 I tried upgrading from 22000.1042 with ISO 22621.382 and got the message on the bottom screenshot.What is weird is that the same exact process worked fine on Sept 21st. 2022. I already have a working backup copy of the system that was upgraded on Sept 21st. What...
  5. MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042: On 9/23/2022 I tried upgrading from 22000.1042 with ISO 22621.382 and got the message on the bottom screenshot.What is weird is that the same exact process worked fine on Sept 21st. 2022. I already have a working backup copy of the system that was upgraded on Sept 21st. What...
  6. MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO: COULD YOU PLEASE SAY ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPDATE ASSISTANT AND MEDIA CREATION TOOL / ISO FOR WINDOWS 10 2004 UPGARDE SAY ME THE DIFFEENCE , BENEFITS , ADVANTAGE ,DISADVANTAGE . PLEASE........
  7. Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?: I’m considering this on my HP Spectre x360 but not sure if there’s anything that would disappear such as inking programs and the like? submitted by /u/EvenNotOdd [link] [comments]...
  8. 1909 Feature update using MCT to Create an ISO

1909 Feature update using MCT to Create an ISO: Ok--I found some info about the new Feature 1909 update. The text states it will act like normal monthly updates from Windows Update. And with the last updates for 1903 the bits of 1909 have been installed in a dormant state. So does this mean that the Install Now...
  9. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  10. Win 10 ISO MCT vs ISO-DL page

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 ISO MCT vs ISO-DL page: So there are 2 ways to download ISOs for Windows 10: Windows 10 <--- Downloads a tool you can use to generate your own ISO. and Windows 10 ISO <--- Downloads the ISO straight from MS (same as MSDN) If you try and access the second page from a Windows PC (with IE, FF...