Windows 10: Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file?

Discus and support Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/sgtrock525 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edboy8/would_anyone_know_how_to_change_the_thumbnail_of/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sgtrock525, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file?

/u/sgtrock525, Dec 20, 2019

2. Thumbnails no longer generating for .mp4 files

I recently installed and uninstalled a bunch of programs (which I believe caused the issue).

Afterwards, for some reason, only .mp4 files will no longer generate thumbnails in the explorer. Any new .mp4 file I create now shows up as a default blank thumbnail. Existing .mp4 files (before the issue came up) still retained their thumbnails. All other
    types of files are showing up fine.

I deleted the thumbnail cache, and all thumbnails regenerated except .mp4 files.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you.

Nicholas_Desm, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 20, 2019
  4. riqrat Win User

Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file?

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I don't know why I had thumbnails for .mp4 files prior to the last Windows update since searching for a fix pretty much agrees with Berton's comment that Win10 doesn't really come with much support for it.

After trying a bunch of tips, I decided to install a program called Icaros.

That allowed me to add .mp4 to the list of filetypes and activate thumbnails for it.

Works. All is good now.

riqrat, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file?

1. Would anyone know how to change the thumbnail of a mp4 file? - Similar Threads - anyone change thumbnail

2. Does anyone know how to Fix my .mp4 files not showing their thumbnails on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to Fix my .mp4 files not showing their thumbnails on windows 11?: Basically my .mp4 files are no longer showing the thumbnail for the video and it started around the beginning of this month. It's weird because I can see the thumbnails on my pictures / gifs, but not my mp4 files. I have tried numerous ways of fixing it & it hasn't budged a...
  3. Does anyone know how to Fix my .mp4 files not showing their thumbnails on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to Fix my .mp4 files not showing their thumbnails on windows 11?: Basically my .mp4 files are no longer showing the thumbnail for the video and it started around the beginning of this month. It's weird because I can see the thumbnails on my pictures / gifs, but not my mp4 files. I have tried numerous ways of fixing it & it hasn't budged a...
  4. Thumbnails for MP4 files not displaying in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails for MP4 files not displaying in windows 10: Hi there.I've been facing this problem for a very long time and haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried all the setting changes that were recommended on other forums and this Microsoft support site as well. But no use.The thumbnails for other formats like MOV, are...
  5. How do I change thumbnail on MP4 files on my PC? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change thumbnail on MP4 files on my PC? Windows 11: It's extremely simple what I want to do, and yet despite scouring the entire internet for an hour or two even watching a useless YouTube tutorial, I can't find a simple answer.What I want to be able to do is to set the thumbnail for each of the videos on my PC individually...
  6. How do I change thumbnail on MP4 files on my PC? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change thumbnail on MP4 files on my PC? Windows 11: It's extremely simple what I want to do, and yet despite scouring the entire internet for an hour or two even watching a useless YouTube tutorial, I can't find a simple answer.What I want to be able to do is to set the thumbnail for each of the videos on my PC individually...
  7. Anyone would know how to fix a single letter in Font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone would know how to fix a single letter in Font?: I used this (3rd post from the end) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...55e6e88?auth=1 to disable font anti-aliasing in Windows. Before you say Clear-Type and smooth edges of screen fonts, I already disabled this, it doesn't work. Even this solution doesn't work...
  8. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  9. Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working: Within the last couple of days, thumbnails for video files particularly mp4 seem to have stopped appearing. New files would not get thumbnails, while thumbnails for older files remained. Even more odd, these new mp4 files would receive thumbnails while being uploaded to...
  10. .mp4 thumbnail icons!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .mp4 thumbnail icons!?: Did the feature update this morning and now I don't get thumbnail previews for .mp4 files only! Any idea why anyone!? I like my thumbnails!!! Chuter. EDIT: To be more specific it seems it's only not going to show me the .mp4 video thumbnails for the videos that came...