Windows 10: Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

Discus and support Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m considering this on my HP Spectre x360 but not sure if there’s anything that would disappear such as inking programs and the like? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvenNotOdd, May 9, 2020.

1. Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

I’m considering this on my HP Spectre x360 but not sure if there’s anything that would disappear such as inking programs and the like?

submitted by /u/EvenNotOdd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvenNotOdd, May 9, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

3. upgrading from windows 10 home to education

I recently acquired windows 10 education through dreamspark, and I was wondering ... can I upgrade from home to education without losing all my files? I know that at least one person is going to suggest backing them up but I do not have that capability
    at this time.

hawk.armstrong, May 23, 2020
  4. Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

1. Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education? - Similar Threads - lose features programs

2. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  3. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  4. Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would an in-place upgrade on Windows 10 Education work using a regular ISO from MCT?: Title. Existing installation is Windows 10 Education (activated), and I already have an ISO downloaded from Media Creation Tool using a Windows 10 Pro computer. Do the editions have to be the same too or just the builds & language? Thanks! submitted by...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  6. Will an in place upgrade unlicense programs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will an in place upgrade unlicense programs?: So my windows 10 is all messed up and i need a fresh windows 10 so i am going to do an in place upgrade but will i keep all my stuff so its untouched? I have already made a post on this they said it will keep everything but will it change the appdata so the licenses are all...
  7. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  8. Windows 10 Home In-place Upgrade Error

Windows 10 Home In-place Upgrade Error: Hello! I have Windows 10 Home currently installed on my Asus X102BA. I got Windows 10 thru upgrade. Original OS is Windows 8.1. Upgrade went well. Reset to PC (Keep my Files) went well also after a few months. However, just this month, I noticed that every time I would leave...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559
  10. In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps: [img] Note In-place upgrade, upgrading Windows to a later version or a superior edition of the same version is the only method to upgrade Windows without losing the installed apps and programs. Certain rules apply to an in-place upgrade: The bit version must remain...