Windows 10: Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without...

Discus and support Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to gather a list of what was installed at the time of a system restore points creation as it holds programs I do not have anymore but I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bombzopple, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without...

I need to gather a list of what was installed at the time of a system restore points creation as it holds programs I do not have anymore but I do not want to use the restore point as it will overwrite a lot of what I have reinstalled. Is it possible to retrieve the list (Like what you would find in control panel or windows setting) from the restore file? (I also have the capability to open the restore , I am just unsure where to look) Is there a file that lists all these programs?

submitted by /u/Bombzopple
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bombzopple, Jan 15, 2021
  2. KCR
    KCR Win User

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

It seems, you can disable it in CCleaner, also. . . worked for me, anaway. ✔

Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without... [​IMG]

3. MadClown Win User
    List the Games installed on your system ATM!

I got like almost 200 installed, couldn't possibly list them all.

MadClown, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without...

Retrieve/reinstall programs from "Removed Apps" List

Hi Joseph,

After performing a system refresh, apps that came with your device or downloaded from the Windows Store can easily be reinstalled. Any other applications that came from third party websites and developers will be removed. To further assist you with your
    query in restoring the deleted programs, we'd like to confirm the following details:

• What prompted you to do a system refresh?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without...

1. Would it be possible to retrieve a list of installed programs from a system restore without... - Similar Threads - possible retrieve list

2. Retrieving installer file from an installed program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving installer file from an installed program: Hello everyone,I would like to ask, whether there is any way to retrieve an installation file from an already installed program. I noticed, that there are options for repairing, modifying and uninstalling the program in the Programs lists in the settings. When I try to repair...
  3. Retrieving installer file from an installed program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving installer file from an installed program: Hello everyone,I would like to ask, whether there is any way to retrieve an installation file from an already installed program. I noticed, that there are options for repairing, modifying and uninstalling the program in the Programs lists in the settings. When I try to repair...
  4. Retrieving installer file from an installed program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  6. Find a list of deleted programs after system restore

Find a list of deleted programs after system restore: Hello, I recently had to use a system restore to restore to a previous point because I had some problems with my audio drivers. This deleted quite a large number of programs I had installed. I do not necessarily want to restore the programs along with their data, I just...
  7. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  8. Suddenly, daily system restores without installing any programs.

Suddenly, daily system restores without installing any programs.: Four days in a row now I have had a system restore point created , these are not the automatic type. There is no malware on the system, checked with Defender full scan, offline scan and Malwarebytes. All events give the exact same description and absolutely no programs have...
  9. Suddenly, daily system restores without installing any programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly, daily system restores without installing any programs.: Four days in a row now I have had a system restore point created , these are not the automatic type. There is no malware on the system, checked with Defender full scan, offline scan and Malwarebytes. All events give the exact same description and absolutely no programs have...
  10. Unwanted Possible System Restore

Unwanted Possible System Restore: When I logged in today my system it took longer to load than usual and then the start screen looks like I just started with W10. I lost all favs and picked up this movable blue image on the right side of the monitor. This image has a percentage number inside and a search...