Windows 10: Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC?

Discus and support Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC has been going through a lot of speed problems, specifically with games, and I've been wondering if resetting it can make it faster. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mario5onicFan17, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC?

My PC has been going through a lot of speed problems, specifically with games, and I've been wondering if resetting it can make it faster. The only problem is that I don't want to lose anything, so I want to have the settings be "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool. Would reinstalling Windows 10 using that setting make my PC run faster, though?

:)

Mario5onicFan17, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

3. Aurel_568 Win User
    Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ?

I have windows 10 home purchased and activated

But I want to reinstall it so I downloaded MEDIA CREATION TOOL and I picked Upgrade this PC now. option

I keeped my personal files and apps but the problem is I have 2 users in my PC

So upgrading the pc will affect files if I have two users?

Thanks

Aurel_568, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC?

Media creation tool

Try this:

1. Run the command RecoveryDrive.exe on on some other Windows 10 PC. It will create a bootable flash disk. Do NOT copy the system files!
    2. Boot the Asus PC with this disk.
    3. Plug in the disk with the media creation tool.
    4. Type E:\setup.exe and press Enter (assuming the the tool is visible on EWould "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC? :).

Frederik Long, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC?

1. Would "Keep personal files and apps" in the Media Creation Tool speed up my PC? - Similar Threads - Keep personal files

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  5. Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?

Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?: I've been having issues using the windows insider preview build, so I need to reinstall W10 with the Media Creation Tool 20H2. The only problem though is that I have 326gb of files and I don't have an external drive, USB, cloud or anything I could use to back up. My real...
  6. Media Creation tool keeps crashing my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation tool keeps crashing my PC: So I've been trying to make a vm to test out certain programs in a contained space, but the media creation tool keeps crashing my pc when I try to open it. submitted by /u/DrRoman14 [link] [comments]...
  7. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Media Creation Tool keeps failing

Media Creation Tool keeps failing: I have repeatedly tried to download the Windows iso for both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 using the respective Media Creation Tool but in vain. In the case of Windows 8.1 a download error message saying download failed keeps appearing and, in the case of Windows 10, although...
  9. WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps

WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps: My computer shipped with Windows 10 installed, along with some OEM apps. If I use the Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows, will I lose the ability to install the OEM apps?...
  10. Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ?

Will upgrading Win10 with media creation tool delete personal files and apps ?: I have windows 10 home purchased and activated But I want to reinstall it so I downloaded MEDIA CREATION TOOL and I picked Upgrade this PC now. option I keeped my personal files and apps but the problem is I have 2 users in my PC So upgrading the pc will affect files if...