Windows 10: Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons

Discus and support Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Currently can right click in the taskbar outside of any application taskbar buttons, and select "Cascade windows", "Show windows stacked", "Show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenM_415, Jun 15, 2020.

1. KenM_415 Win User

Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons

Currently can right click in the taskbar outside of any application taskbar buttons, and select "Cascade windows", "Show windows stacked", "Show windows side by side"

When application taskbar buttons are Grouped, would like to see a right-click option on each of the application buttons for "Cascade..., Show windows stacked..., Show windows side by side" that would expand just the list of open windows for that particular application.

:)

KenM_415, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons :) Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons :)

Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons

Lost windows cascade icons and tiles

Hello Joyce,

We would like to confirm some information regarding your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes before the icons disappeared?
    • Regarding the cascaded icons, are you referring to the combined taskbar buttons?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

If you're referring to the cascaded icons on the taskbar, you can configure this through
    Settings.

• Right-click the taskbar.
    • Select Settings

Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons d4d56863-dc64-4b2a-8fb2-3c4fbba641af?upload=true.png
    • Scroll down to Combine taskbar buttons.
    • Set it to Always, hide labels.

You should still be able to recover your taskbar icons and configuration by performing a
    System Restore. This operation takes your PC back to an earlier point in time using a system restore point. Restore points are generated whenever you install a new program, driver, or Windows update. You can find the steps
    on how to perform a System Restore from this
    support article

Let us know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons

1. Would like Cascade Windows etc. on Combined taskbar buttons - Similar Threads - Cascade etc Combined

2. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  3. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  6. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  7. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  8. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  9. Combine Taskbar Buttons

Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  10. Taskbar buttons combining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...