Windows 10: Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software

Discus and support Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a need - with almost trivial requirements - for some collaboration software. I know almost nothing about such products, and descriptions I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pokeefe0001, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software

I have a need - with almost trivial requirements - for some collaboration software. I know almost nothing about such products, and descriptions I've seen tout features far beyond what I need while failing to describe very basic features.

I have less than 50MB of data - mostly small (20-50KB) HTML files - that needs to be accessible and modifiable by one or two other people in a small non-profit organization.

Here's a list of requirements (or preferences) in no particular order.
    • The data will be accessed for several hours once or twice a week. There is no need for continuous access. This implies we should be able to sign in and out as needed.
    • Sign-in credentials should not be tied to the user's computer account credentials.
    • There will probably need to be access from both Windows and Mac.
    • There will be no need for multiple people to access the data at the same time, but the system should probably allow this. There should be some facility to lock a file being edited. (Hopefully that would be automatic.)

I use Box and gave Box Drive a try. It was OK but the sign-in process is cumbersome. It uses an email address for the sign-in id and there is no way to pre-populate its sign-in data. (I wouldn't necessarily want the password filled in, but having the last used email address - or better yet, a pull-down list of addresses) would be nice.

I tried looking at Box Sync, but could not get it to work. I think it requires a paid Box account; it won't work with my free one.

I will look into DropBox and Google Drive but I would appreciate comments on how well they would fit my very modest needs.

Does Microsoft's OneDrive fit in this arena at all?

:)

pokeefe0001, Jan 29, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 29, 2019
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software

1. Would like help choosing (free) remote collaboration software - Similar Threads - help choosing free

2. Would you like to help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would you like to help me?: My lenovo laptops some keys are not working 0-p[;'/ those words in the bracket are not working, how do I fix it please? FYI I got 5 laptops Lenovo 82DQ and it all the same problem that those words are not working. Can anyone provide me the solution for this problem please....
  3. Would you like to help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would you like to help me?: My lenovo laptops some keys are not working 0-p[;'/ those words in the bracket are not working, how do I fix it please? FYI I got 5 laptops Lenovo 82DQ and it all the same problem that those words are not working. Can anyone provide me the solution for this problem please....
  4. Would you like to help me?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. would like to free up space with new upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    would like to free up space with new upgrade: Bought a MSI GL72M 7RDX-679CA laptop 1TB 2.5" Hard Drive, successfully installed a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 last year cloned win10 onto it windows startup is SUPER fast, I have No Problems so far. Now I would like to free up the 230GB on the 1TB hard drive and Extend my D:...
  6. What free remote control software for the classroom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What free remote control software for the classroom?: Hello, I am a school teacher. We have a student class with 20 pcs. We used Nettop before, but it does not work on Windows 10 now. Alternatives? Thanks! - Alexander. 126638
  7. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  8. Free Software

Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  9. Apps would like free solitaire won't install-any fixes?

Apps would like free solitaire won't install-any fixes?: Apps would like free solitaire won't install-any fixes? 6148
  10. Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files

Blackboard Collaborate software doesn't launch from associated files: Hello I have been using blackboard collaborate software for over a year now, and the associated files always launched the software. But now today when i click them the mouse shows a loading icon but then the software never loads - like as if it just gets cancelled or...