Windows 10: Would like more than one login on a single device

Discus and support Would like more than one login on a single device in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a dual-boot of 2 different builds of Windows 10 on a single device (a laptop computer). I would like to have both of these boots to be my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by menomena19, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Would like more than one login on a single device

I have a dual-boot of 2 different builds of Windows 10 on a single device (a laptop computer). I would like to have both of these boots to be my Microsoft account so I can synchronize between them. But when I try to convert my second one from a local account to my Microsoft account, I get the message that I am already on this device.

Counld Microsoft change its Windows code so that Multiple instances of a single Microsoft account could sign in on the same device (not as separate users on a single boot but as separate users in a dual-boot situation)? I have the two Windows 10 installations on separate partitions.

:)

menomena19, Apr 4, 2019

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Would like more than one login on a single device

Resolving login issues

If your device doesn't run in safe mode, the next step that we suggest is to run a repair using a boot media. Here are the steps:

• Restart your device.
    • Upon start up, keep on pressing F12 to check if your device respond to BIOS.
    • Once you've accessed the BIOS setup screen, follow the step-by-step guide on Yashwanth Kotakuri's

on how to repair start up using a boot media for Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance with the repair.

Darwin Dim, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Would like more than one login on a single device

1. Would like more than one login on a single device - Similar Threads - more login single

2. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  3. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  4. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows dvd player on more than one device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows dvd player on more than one device: I bought windows dvd player nine six months ago and a second laptop two months ago. Do I have to buy it again for my second computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-on-more-than-one-device/10b722e7-6394-4809-b29e-db02dcd7e69e
  6. More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver: This is an ongoing, intermittent issue with Windows 10. I consistently get two keyboard device drivers. It does no good to uninstall one or the other as the 2nd one eventually reappears. I'm using the keyboard on my laptop and that's the only keyboard I use/only keyboard...
  7. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  8. 365 Family on more than one device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    365 Family on more than one device.: I have the full suite on my laptop and now need to install it on my daughter's laptop. Do I just login from her laptop and download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-family-on-more-than-one-device/8b08dee3-dea4-437d-8eb1-f9cdc2a3f806
  9. Screen recording more than single app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen recording more than single app: Hi, I’m recording a 3D modeling process on a design software, and there are many pop-up screens that I need to include in the video record but they are hidden ,, basically the entire desktop except the application Im using.. Is there a way I could allow the recorder to see...
  10. Display Product key for more than one device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Display Product key for more than one device: I need to display my product key on my machine to verify what I have written down is correct. Every where I look on the net it assumes that I only have one computer and one copy of windows. I have 6 computers one for each family member and I dont know which product key goes...