Windows 10: Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop

Discus and support Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer, and plan to buy my first laptop. I want something simple with a large screen that is reliable. I'm a senior and my eyesight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigfoot, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop

I have a desktop computer, and plan to buy my first laptop. I want something simple with a large screen that is reliable. I'm a senior and my eyesight is not good enough for small screens. My desktop is a 21 inch.

Today I saw an HP 17.3", SKU# 635661 at Best Buy for $579.99. Walmart has the same one, only sold and shipped by another company. I wanted to get a good brand, my desktop is HP and my old desktop was Lenovo. I didn't see any Lenovos with that large of a screen. I don't like Dells.

I'm just getting a laptop so I'm not confined to my den when I want to use the computer. I won't be using it too much, don't stream, watch movies or concerts online.

Do you think this is a good computer to buy? I have little computer knowledge and only need the basics, no gaming, no touchscreen, don't need a lot of memory, etc. I thought 8 GB would be enough. Not sure about the battery life of this computer.

Any advice on this purchase? Thanks.

:)

Bigfoot, Oct 14, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 14, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop

1. Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop - Similar Threads - Opinions Laptop

2. KB5036893 leaves the OS almost unusable. My opinion, and solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036893 leaves the OS almost unusable. My opinion, and solution: Hello, I am writing this to complain a bit, discuss, and warn others about the KB5036893 update.This has so far been the worst update I have installed on Windows 11, a total disaster.I have read about problems from many other users, and from what I see, this update brings a...
  3. KB5036893 leaves the OS almost unusable. My opinion, and solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036893 leaves the OS almost unusable. My opinion, and solution: Hello, I am writing this to complain a bit, discuss, and warn others about the KB5036893 update.This has so far been the worst update I have installed on Windows 11, a total disaster.I have read about problems from many other users, and from what I see, this update brings a...
  4. what is the point of windows 10/11? needs no reply, just observations and opinions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the point of windows 10/11? needs no reply, just observations and opinions.: should i get the sarcastic ooooooo,s and aaaaaaaah's out of the way now, for the more modern look? jesus christ, that's what personalization tab in the o.s. was for wasn't it? to make your screens look just the way you like, with what ever pictures and colors you want....
  5. what is the point of windows 10/11? needs no reply, just observations and opinions.

what is the point of windows 10/11? needs no reply, just observations and opinions.: should i get the sarcastic ooooooo,s and aaaaaaaah's out of the way now, for the more modern look? jesus christ, that's what personalization tab in the o.s. was for wasn't it? to make your screens look just the way you like, with what ever pictures and colors you want....
  6. Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2: Iam Win11 Pro 64 bit fully updated as at yesterday,-incl Cum Update 22H2.I notice on Updates that Win 11 23H2 is available to download and install.I seek opinions from any Community member who has installed 23H2 -good, bad etc.Comments pleaseNeil...
  7. Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2

Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2: Iam Win11 Pro 64 bit fully updated as at yesterday,-incl Cum Update 22H2.I notice on Updates that Win 11 23H2 is available to download and install.I seek opinions from any Community member who has installed 23H2 -good, bad etc.Comments pleaseNeil...
  8. Windows 10 is currently not starting up right on my laptop. any opinions on how to fix this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is currently not starting up right on my laptop. any opinions on how to fix this...: Hi, I'm new to this so I hope I did this post right. I powered off my laptop by holding the power button so It could turn off faster and the next day, I am faced with 3 problems. 1st is that I cannot sign into my user account and is stuck into a safe mode state. 2nd I...
  9. Opinions: Laptops that sound pretty Decent??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinions: Laptops that sound pretty Decent??: I figure if there is any hope of getting solid answer to this question, its the gaming guys Give me a shortlist of laptops over, say, the last 4 or 5 years, that had "good" sound - good enough that you were pleasantly surprised. I have external speakers, etc - that's not...
  10. Best Value Opinions - Windows 10 Tablet/Laptop Sub $250

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Value Opinions - Windows 10 Tablet/Laptop Sub $250: Hello, It is time to dump my old Android tablet and replace. I would like the device to be small (say 10 - 11" Screen), fast-ish, running Windows 10. I've seen some small laptops which seemed okay going for $179. It is mainly to replace the in home use of my Windows 10 phone...