Windows 10: Would like to know 2 things

Discus and support Would like to know 2 things in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. What is actually taking place when I get the message "Updating Component Registration"? I have an app for MS Flight Simulator X that installed just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by miata54, Jun 19, 2020.

1. miata54 Win User

Would like to know 2 things

1. What is actually taking place when I get the message "Updating Component Registration"? I have an app for MS Flight Simulator X that installed just fine under Win 7. In Win 10, it hangs at the above message and never progresses.

2. Also with FSX, the installation of the program stops at "Removing Applications". Just what is trying to be removed? And this is after a clean install of Win 10. This is a first install of FSX after the Win 10 clean install. I say clean because it is the first boot up of Win 10 on a new PC.

I have Googled both subjects, read MS articles and watched YT video's on how to correct these, but none have worked. Hoping the Guru's here will have an answer.

Thanks

:)

miata54, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Few things that i would like to know that how can they be done?

Here are a few things that i would like to know that how can they be done:

• How can i share Music, Videos or Pictures with Friends over Bluetooth?
    • How can i copy PDF files to my WP7 device?
    • How to enter URL in landscape browser mode?
    • How to send group messages?
    • How can i configure my phone for MMS? & How do i send MMS (i.e. do i first turn off the Celluar Data or etc)?

haseebahmed7, Jun 19, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Would like to know 2 things - Similar Threads - things

2. I can't do a lot of thing on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do a lot of thing on my windows: Can any microsoft agent help me please. I am having a problem in which many things I try to do get refused for example when deleting an app a pop up showed and said" Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device " and I had the options of yes and no but now I...
  3. I can't do a lot of thing on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do a lot of thing on my windows: Can any microsoft agent help me please. I am having a problem in which many things I try to do get refused for example when deleting an app a pop up showed and said" Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device " and I had the options of yes and no but now I...
  4. I can't do a lot of thing on my windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  6. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  7. Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence....: Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-type-some-websites-the-typing-thing/4300090b-3fe6-428d-aaa0-805a75df657e
  8. Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence....

Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence....: Whenever I type SOME websites the typing thing always goes to the front of the sentence. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-type-some-websites-the-typing-thing/4300090b-3fe6-428d-aaa0-805a75df657e
  9. I am experiencing this problem where there is the thing on my computer called Visual basic...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am experiencing this problem where there is the thing on my computer called Visual basic...: Everytime I try to play games it runs this thing called VBC for short and it makes my pc, or games very slow, I usually lag up to a minute or crash. It takes 70% - to 85% or more of my cpu on task manager. Ive looked at past questions and I saw one and I tried everything but...
  10. I am experiencing this problem where there is the thing on my computer called Visual basic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am experiencing this problem where there is the thing on my computer called Visual basic...: Everytime I try to play games it runs this thing called VBC for short and it makes my pc, or games very slow, I usually lag up to a minute or crash. It takes 70% - to 85% or more of my cpu on task manager. Ive looked at past questions and I saw one and I tried everything but...