Windows 10: Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in...

Discus and support Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently tried to download an 'arrow' script file to my Gimp 2.10 scripts folder, and in the process I was ask how do I want to open this file. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wondermuse, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in...

I recently tried to download an 'arrow' script file to my Gimp 2.10 scripts folder, and in the process I was ask how do I want to open this file. If I remember, there weren't a lot of choices, but I do remember choosing "Internet Explorer".

Now though, I get an error message: Error: 1)Eval: Unbound Variable:<!DocType. I don't know, but I am wondering if my choosing an app to open the file caused this problem, and if the default app for a .scm file is Internet Explorer on the "Choose apps by file type" page in Settings. I am wondering because I can't change it. Firstly, I don't know what to change it to, and secondly the only other selection to choose is "Find and app in the Microsoft Store".

I have noticed on the "Choose apps by file type" page in Settings that some file types have no default app selected and are designated with "Choose an app". Wondering again, if maybe my choice is now the default app because I chose it while in the downloading/extracting process. Maybe I double clicked on it as a force of habit or something after extraction when I shouldn't have, I don't remember.

:)

wondermuse, Jan 5, 2019
  2. John1982 Win User

Need help with .scm files in Windows 10

My problem is specific, I've tried some advice on other sites and have had no luck thus far.

I have a program I used called GIMP . That is a photo editing software. To install new filter effects, there are files called .scm I place them into Gimps' scripts folder etc. Anyway, I was curious and opened one of the .scm files with notepad , now the .scm files still work, they are still SCM files, the problem is the annoying note pad image associated with them, gets me confused sometimes,

Also, when you press on the .scm files their contents open, I Don't want that to happen. I have tried some suggestions and still have yet to resolve this. How do i revert the notepad file association with Gimp's .scm script files ; in windows 10 ?

Gimp is a free software, and scripts can be found with a internet search. Maybe some one is willing to download a .scm script and recreate the problem in windows 10 by opening the .scm with notepad ; then give me the answer to fix this .

John1982, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer script error

Hi Diana,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Is this issue is specific to a website or multiple website?
    • Is any toolbar is installed on the browser?
    These webpage script errors are usually it is harmless. However, did you try disabling the warnings? If not, try disabling the warnings and check.

• Open Internet explorer and press Alt + X, click on
      Internet Options and click on Advanced.

• Check "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable script debugging (Other)" and also, uncheck "Display a notification about every script error."
    If that does not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to reset Internet explorer and check. Please follow the below steps

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Click on Advanced tab and click on
      Reset
      button.
    Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

Disclaimer:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in...

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in...

1. Would like to know if the default app for a .scm (script file) is "Internet Explorer" in... - Similar Threads - default app scm

2. file explorer changed and I would like to go back to the way it was.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer changed and I would like to go back to the way it was.: Here is a screenshot of file explorer. I don't even know what to call the bar at the top that shows folders like this: OneDrive > ... My Real Stuff > Red CrossI used to be able to see more folders in the box because the text size was smaller. Microsoft, in its infinite...
  3. file explorer changed and I would like to go back to the way it was.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer changed and I would like to go back to the way it was.: Here is a screenshot of file explorer. I don't even know what to call the bar at the top that shows folders like this: OneDrive > ... My Real Stuff > Red CrossI used to be able to see more folders in the box because the text size was smaller. Microsoft, in its infinite...
  4. would like to know if it is normal !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would like to know if it is normal !!!!: Hello,I always have the sstp windows service running and 7 wan miniports underneath my intel i219-v connection in device manager.I don't know if it is normal but i would like to know it.Kind regards,Arno,...
  5. would like to know if it is normal !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would like to know if it is normal !!!!: Hello,I always have the sstp windows service running and 7 wan miniports underneath my intel i219-v connection in device manager.I don't know if it is normal but i would like to know it.Kind regards,Arno,...
  6. Would like to know 2 things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would like to know 2 things: 1. What is actually taking place when I get the message "Updating Component Registration"? I have an app for MS Flight Simulator X that installed just fine under Win 7. In Win 10, it hangs at the above message and never progresses. 2. Also with FSX, the installation of the...
  7. Internet Explorer as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  8. default for . (File) set to game, would like to delete this association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default for . (File) set to game, would like to delete this association: I recently installed Mass Effect 2. One of the results is that on my FileManager, any file that does NOT have an extension is now linked to the launcher of Mass Effect 2. How do I remove this file association? When I go to Settings/…/Choose default apps by file type, the...
  9. Would like to override default font in dialog.

in Windows 10 Support
    Would like to override default font in dialog.: Would anyone happen to know how to override the default font used in a "generic" Open Folder dialog? I've read about the default fonts for MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 ... and have tried to substitute Tahoma in the registry for both. Nothing changed in this dialog ......
  10. I would like to change the way file explorer looks

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to change the way file explorer looks: I would like to change the way file explorer looks, it looks like this now [img] I'd like it to look more like this [img] Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks 73631