Windows 10: Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

Discus and support Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1Mythical1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting on W7 but not W10.

In W7, not only could I drag the window while it was maximized, if I just grabbed the title bar and moved it down a smidge, the window would un-maximize (as if I'd double clicked the title bar), I could also touch the mouse pointer to the top of the monitor I was dragging it to, and the window would maximize. If I didn't touch the top of the monitor, the window would stay where I placed it and not resize.

W10, I cannot drag a maximized window, nor will it maximize if I touch the top of the monitor with the mouse pointer while I'm dragging.

Can I change settings in W10 to make window dragging behave like it did in W7?

Thank you.

:)

1Mythical1, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

The good news is that when you have drag maximized windows disabled, you'll still be able to minimize the window to then be able to drag it where you like.

This is mostly good for when you're always dragging a maximized window by mistake somehow.

Brink, Jan 30, 2019
  3. in win 10, maximized window won't drag

Hi. I turned off snap and now a maximized window on my desktop won't drag and get smaller.

I browsed this site and did the Restorehealth in the command prompt thing, also sys scannow with no help.

In regedit, my hkey current user control panel desktop Drag from Maximum is set to "1".

How do I keep snap off and be able to drag maximized windows?

Thanks

MeatMonger, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Nova9922 Win User

Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

window drag to maximize and screen split are not working

when I drag a window to the top of the screen it doesn't maximize

and when I drag it to the left or right side the screen wont split

how can I enable this feature ?

Nova9922, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

1. Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized. - Similar Threads - reconfigure window dragging

2. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...
  4. drag Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    drag Windows: I'm having problems with dragging windows anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/drag-windows/6cc36435-934c-4b2f-8cd0-ad14da7e04da
  5. when window is in maximize state, drag the window down problem

in Windows 10 Support
    when window is in maximize state, drag the window down problem: Not sure what is going on but when a window of an app is in a maximize state e.g.excel I then click on the window and drag it down so it goes out of the maximized state Instead of showing me a smaller window of the app when it is not maximized so that I can still view the...
  6. Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay: There is a gap between the right side of a maximized window and the edge of the monitor (aka opposite my task bar). This frequently happens after I exit a full-screen Steam game (such as cs:go), but I don't know if it's because of the game/video drivers, or if Cortex starts...
  7. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...
  8. Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window: If you have Snap enabled (I don't want it) you are able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. If you have Snap disabled you are not able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. I would like the ability to drag a maximized window, while not using the Snap...
  9. Dragging Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging Windows: Hi there, Hoping someone can help with dragging windows problem i'm having on all three Win 10 PC's i own. I have been patiently waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem & have decided to come here for help. As i have stated earlier the problem is with dragging windows on...
  10. Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10: Those should come in handy for anyone with dual displays and lacking a 3rd party app like UltraMON or DisplayFusion which offers a move button which in many cases will actually fail to appear depending on the type of window. you have open. Here I still end up dragging...