Windows 10: Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

Discus and support Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have my HDD now in MBR format and I tried to convert it to GPT but mbr2gpt didn't work, I get fail to validate disk every time and hence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abdulrahman Alzhrani, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

Hello,

I have my HDD now in MBR format and I tried to convert it to GPT but mbr2gpt didn't work, I get fail to validate disk every time and hence can't convert to GPT.

It's OK, but now I divided my HDD into 5 partitions just for more sense to category of files, each in a specific partition; like, games, programs and personal.

But I got 2 primary and 2 logical drives.

My question, is in case if one of the primary drives failed. Would the related logical partition fail too ? Because what I understood is that logical partition is just an extent of the primary partition that next to it.

:)

Abdulrahman Alzhrani, Aug 4, 2019

2. Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

Hello,

I have my HDD now in MBR format and I tried to convert it to GPT but mbr2gpt didn't work, I get fail to validate disk every time and hence can't convert to GPT.

It's OK, but now I divided my HDD into 5 partitions just for more sense to category of files, each in a specific partition; like, games, programs and personal.

But I got 2 primary and 2 logical drives.

My question, is in case if one of the primary drives failed. Would the related logical partition fail too ? Because what I understood is that logical partition is just an extent of the primary partition that next to it.

Abdulrahman Alzhrani, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

For example, if E: fails, would the next partitions F: and G: fail too ?

Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails? 4c2afb80-0e91-4565-b608-76022aea51da?upload=true.png

Another question, are F: and G: related internally to F: ?

What does logical partition mean ?

4. Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

Yep! Thanks.

My concern is that partitions in light blue would fail if the basic dark partition fails. Because my idea is partitions in light blue are connected internally to the one in dark blue.

Thema:

Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails?

1. Would Logical partition fail if the primary partition fails? - Similar Threads - Logical partition fail

2. Installing windows on a logical partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows on a logical partition: Hello Microsoft community,I recently wanted to dualboot Windows Vista and Linux on my old Linux computer. When I got the ISO file and flashed it to a USB drive, went through a regular Windows Vista installation process all the drives were detected by setup and opted to...
  3. Installing windows on a logical partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows on a logical partition: Hello Microsoft community,I recently wanted to dualboot Windows Vista and Linux on my old Linux computer. When I got the ISO file and flashed it to a USB drive, went through a regular Windows Vista installation process all the drives were detected by setup and opting to...
  4. deleting primary partition

deleting primary partition: is it okay if i delete the healthy primary partition?931gb i need more space but im scared my pc wont boot if i delete it help pls thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-primary-partition/fadbe3b4-8c55-4c12-8bad-32a7db253aa8
  5. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Deleted Logical Partition: After installing the SSD hard drive in my laptop and installing new Windows 10 21h1 version in it, I added the empty space in the HDD, which was unallocated, to one of the partitions in HDD, and HDD became a dynamic diskto convert dynamic to basic, I shrink the partition that...
  6. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

Recover Deleted Logical Partition: After installing the SSD hard drive in my laptop and installing new Windows 10 21h1 version in it, I added the empty space in the HDD, which was unallocated, to one of the partitions in HDD, and HDD became a dynamic diskto convert dynamic to basic, I shrink the partition that...
  7. Recover Deleted Logical Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Converting logical disk partitions to primary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting logical disk partitions to primary: My PC was purchased before Windows 10 and had the C drive partitioned to add data and program storage in separate spaces. I now wish to add the space from one of the logical partitions to the contiguous primary C partition. Having failed to notice 2 partitions are labelled as...
  9. Disk manager does not display correctly primary and logical partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk manager does not display correctly primary and logical partitions: [IMG]I recently discovered that disk management does not displays logical and primary partition correctly. Even more weird is the fact that partition named 2,3 in the right are not labeled logical. They're PRIMARY. I don't know how did it end up like that, but one thing is...
  10. How to convert primary partitions to logical partition

in Windows 10 Support
    How to convert primary partitions to logical partition: I have four primary partitions (System, C: , D: , E: ) and some free space in my Win10 laptop. Now, I want to make create an extended partition which will hold C, D & E as logical partition. How can I do it without loosing data (i don't have a spare hard disk where I can...