Windows 10: Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update?

Discus and support Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi 何昊, Microsoft have released version 1809 of Windows 10, click the link below, then click 'Update Now' on that page to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Guy Dresher, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update?

Split from this thread.​

Hi 何昊,

Microsoft have released version 1809 of Windows 10, click the link below, then click 'Update Now' on that page to immediately get 1809 and bring your PC right up to date

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Hi,

Will it keep all my third-party installed if I update this way?

I always see the option to keep the personal files and data but I have a quite amount of software&plug-ins installed and reinstalling those will be quite an headache.

:)

Guy Dresher, Dec 5, 2018

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Kyhi Win User

Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update?

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Kyhi, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update?

1. Would my applications be kept if I use Media creation tool to update? - Similar Threads - applications kept Media

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  5. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  6. Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool

Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool: I want to reinstall Windows 10 in my laptop and delete everything but the media creation tool itself automatically chooses keep personal files and apps and i don’t get to choose if i want to delete everything....
  7. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Can I use Media Creation Tool for 1903 update?

Can I use Media Creation Tool for 1903 update?: When my dad tries to update to 1903, he has the "stuck at 27%" problem. He has tried several times & always gets stuck there. • Can I use Media Creation Tool to update his PC to 1903? If so I need a little guidance-- ex, would I use this option: "Using the tool to create...
  10. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017