Windows 10: Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

Discus and support Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I decided to reset my laptop and give it a fresh start. It was halfway done when the laptop fell and the screen completely gave out. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/seftamedeus, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

Last night I decided to reset my laptop and give it a fresh start. It was halfway done when the laptop fell and the screen completely gave out. After that happened I force shut down the laptop because what else could be done at that point ‍♂️It wasn’t possible to even use a monitor because that option wouldn’t even be available

Anyways, would the files on the hard drive be corrupted since I did that or would it be okay?

submitted by /u/seftamedeus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/seftamedeus, Feb 17, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 17, 2021
  3. sour Win User
    Factory reset vs reset keeping files

I'm going to reset my PC because I have corrupt audio drivers. Will the bootup times be the same if I chose to reset with my files instead of a factory reset? Will I remove potential viruses and such? What i'm trying to ask is what advantages do I get when factory reseting.

4. IggSter Win User

Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

1. Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset - Similar Threads - files corrupted shut

2. PC shutting off during Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  3. PC shutting off during Windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  4. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  5. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  6. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  8. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  9. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. PC won't start after it shut off during factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start after it shut off during factory reset: Hi I really badly need help because my PC shut off during factory reset and it always starts up and then has a black screen. Thanks 10849