Windows 10: would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation

Discus and support would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reset windows 10 using recovery mode to delete every thing on C including files, apps and setting. recovery --> remove all --> continue . is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RaedAl Kubaisi, Dec 22, 2019.

1. would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation

I want to reset windows 10 using recovery mode to delete every thing on C including files, apps and setting. recovery --> remove all --> continue . is this will delete from C only or all partitions?

:)

RaedAl Kubaisi, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 22, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Best free file recovery

My mate was doing a back up and somehow managed to delete a lot of important files and photos, he has downloaded a program called pctools which does file recovery and it finds the files though to recover them he has to pay, he is a bit dubious about paying before the recovery incase it doesnt do as advertised, does anyone know of any good free file recovery apps that actually work.

The files shouldnt be too hard to recover as they were just deleted from the recycle bin and the drive hasnt been formatted, any help appreciated.

NdMk2o1o, Dec 22, 2019
  4. niciuffo Win User

would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation

RAID0 recovery?

Hmm okay, and how do I restore them? With a recovery software? Can you suggest one that works, maybe freeware? (I remember the name Recuva...)

niciuffo, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation

1. would recovery mode delete files from other than C partation - Similar Threads - recovery mode delete

2. CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:: What would be the cmd instruction to delete files on C: including 'autorecovered' in the name and have extension .xlsb So, files that would show up after: C:\>dir /s *autorecovered*.xlsb They show up in various sub folders within:...
  3. cant delete a file from c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant delete a file from c drive: when ever i am trying to delete a file from c drive its saying that the file is open in somewhere else now how do i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-from-c-drive/507f8889-9aea-4e27-b4ec-aed7ddb571f0
  4. Deleted File - Recovery??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted File - Recovery??: Hi, I am very hopeful that someone out there can help me.....yesterday, I connected my Samsung Galaxy phone to my Microsoft Surface via a USB, and basically cleansed my phone. I saved everything on to a new 'Samsung' file, which I had newly created to sit in my 'Documnets'...
  5. System Reserved on drive other than C.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved on drive other than C.: Hi all, Just installed windows from a usb on to a computer I just built and was just about to stripe two drives together, however one of the drives has a System Reserved partition so I cannot do this. Why did the partition go to that drive and not my C drive? Can I move...
  6. Recovery of deleted files

Recovery of deleted files: Hi Everyone, It would be much appreciated if someone could help me with the following. Accidentally clicked on the Yes on the warning message below. "Deleting an online-only file permanently removes it from your PC without sending it to the Recycle Bin. Are you sure you...
  7. recovery deleted file

recovery deleted file: how can restore deleted word file from recycle bin of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-deleted-file/9bbe6778-5c43-41e5-a026-2d92eddafd93"
  8. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628
  9. Install on another drive other than C?

Install on another drive other than C?: So i have the latest windows 10 version, but i cannot seem to install apps to any where except the C drive. And the option to change is disabled. See image attached. Why is it disabled? How do I get it to work ? I am on windows 10 pro if that matters. 33611
  10. The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:

in Windows 10 Support
    The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:: I've noticed that if I store by documents on my data drive G:, and index the drive, search doesn't pick anything up, however if I move it to C:, everything is fine. Anyone else having this issue? 7728