Windows 10: Would someone be able to crop this for me?

Discus and support Would someone be able to crop this for me? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for checking out my thread. I am attaching the image to this post. [img] [img] i would like to use this as my Windows 10 lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tonightwetaco, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Would someone be able to crop this for me?

Hello and thanks for checking out my thread. I am attaching the image to this post.

Would someone be able to crop this for me? [​IMG]

i would like to use this as my Windows 10 lock screen but the lock screen 'face' icon obscures it. Would someone be able to cut out the portion of this photo so I can upload it to the icon and it would be like adding a peice to the puzzle. I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

:)

tonightwetaco, Nov 1, 2016

2. Would be great to be able synchronize browsing history between desktops and Windows phones

Hi Alec,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand are unable to synchronize browsing history between desktops and Windows phones and we will help you to fix it.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

• When sync is turned on, Windows keeps track of the settings that you care about and sets them for you on all your Windows 10 devices.

• You can choose to sync things such as web browser settings, passwords and colour themes. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings and notification preferences.

Let’s refer to the link below and check, if it works.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Refer to these steps to turn on Sync option under “sync your content" settings.

1. Open the
    Edge, then click on more options(...)

2. Click on
    Settings, then turn on Sync option under “sync your content" settings.

3. Restart the
    Edge and check the issue status.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Would be great to be able synchronize browsing history between desktops and Windows phones

Thanks but this synchronizes favourites not browsing history

Alec Spyrou, Nov 1, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Would someone be able to crop this for me?

Dinosaur

pepanee, Nov 1, 2016
  5. thanks pepanee but i was not clear i think. The lock screen has a circle for the user icon. Can you crop this image and make it for the user icon? I would then upload the user icon and it would 'appear' as if the image is intact in its entirety.

its like cropping the area around Godzillas mouth for example

6. i see you moved Godzilla over, that was good idea but I would still like to try my idea as well.

7. pepanee Win User
    Dinosaurus

pepanee, Nov 1, 2016
  8. pepanee Win User

You're right. Sorry about my first upload; I thought you wanted that picture on the log in screen where it has that circle, where it would cover his face. But now I understood what you want. You want the Dinosaur as your user account picture. Try this other one I uploaded right above this post. It worked out well over here when I tried it out. Tell me what you think

pepanee, Nov 1, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    @tonightwetaco It's actually quite easy to do this yourself using Paint. Open the image in Paint, click and drag to draw a selection box then click 'Crop'. Remember to 'Save as...' a new file - just using Save will overwrite the original. Better yet, work on a copy of the original.

Bree, Nov 1, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    You need to use 'Ease of Access Replacer' and take a Screenshot of the sign-in screen to find where the user icon sits on that screen.

Edwin, Nov 1, 2016
  11. Hopachi Win User
    The result depends on the screen resolution; so go with that from here if your screen is 1080p.
    Take a screenshot of the lock-screen with the image obscured. Then In Paint you can get the dimensions and position to select & copy from real image. Or if you have the programs, superpose the screenshot with the actual image in Photoshop / GIMP in layers and select the 'face' icon and copy - paste from the clean image. *Cool

Hopachi, Nov 1, 2016
  12. Stephanie Win User
    Hi tonightwetaco If you take a screenshot of the lock-screen then add it as a layer over the Wallpaper and reduce the layer opacity (transparency) you can see exactly were to crop.

If you don't have a GFX Program to do this Paint.Net (freeware) can do this (eg) >

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

Stephanie, Nov 1, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

@tonightwetaco :
    It may or may not work for you for a number of reasons, but you can try.

First, make sure your screen is set to it's native (recommended) resolution, preferably at 100% dpi.

You'll notice that the sign-in screen is always dimmed, so you'll need to find software to take a full resolution screen shot of your Lock or Login screen(s),
    'Ease of Access Replacer' is one, (Google it):

In your case, you're going to have to set your 'Dinosaur' wallpaper as Lock Screen offset so you can capture a 'dimmed' version of the Dino face without the user icon in the way;

in Paint, with Rulers, Gridlines, etc showing (1), select the area of the icon (2) taking note of the position and size (3) and (4),

then you would crop an image of the Dino face, in the same manner, of the exact size and apply it as your User Icon.
    Then set your proper wallpaper as Lock Screen.

It may not land properly or be the proper shade but you can give it a shot.

Mine is a simple shade of gold so it worked: (if you look close though, you can see a faint outline cuz I took a snip of the dimmed image a little to the left of the icon)

Edwin, Nov 2, 2016
  14. thanks for all your effort Edwin

tonightwetaco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Would someone be able to crop this for me? - Similar Threads - someone able crop

2. Would somebody be able to help me troubleshoot Event Logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would somebody be able to help me troubleshoot Event Logs?: I had basically avoided trying to run this program HP hardware diagnostics for windows 10 for sometime now, since i updated windows, probably repaired windows, and different things.But my system does not run this program, and I am showing logs in the event viewer.what can i...
  3. Would somebody be able to help me troubleshoot Event Logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would somebody be able to help me troubleshoot Event Logs?: I had basically avoided trying to run this program HP hardware diagnostics for windows 10 for sometime now, since i updated windows, probably repaired windows, and different things.But my system does not run this program, and I am showing logs in the event viewer.what can i...
  4. Would somebody be able to help me troubleshoot Event Logs?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer Crashes on trying to play some games would someone be able to review my Minidump?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashes on trying to play some games would someone be able to review my Minidump?: I've been encountering my computer crashing or various games crashing when attempting to play them. I also attempted to run driver verifier since dome forums recommended that may help find the point of issue. I have attached links to 2 different minidumps, one from attempting...
  6. Computer Crashes on trying to play some games would someone be able to review my Minidump?

Computer Crashes on trying to play some games would someone be able to review my Minidump?: I've been encountering my computer crashing or various games crashing when attempting to play them. I also attempted to run driver verifier since dome forums recommended that may help find the point of issue. I have attached links to 2 different minidumps, one from attempting...
  7. Would anyone be able to help me with crashing on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would anyone be able to help me with crashing on Windows 10?: I have been experiencing crashes for sometime after changing my memory. I will include some .dmp files. I have just completed a fresh install as wellhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuk1XWNudsEoVOayRUlG_8bwYYYTRRJS/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Would anyone be able to help me with crashing on Windows 10?

Would anyone be able to help me with crashing on Windows 10?: I have been experiencing crashes for sometime after changing my memory. I will include some .dmp files. I have just completed a fresh install as wellhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuk1XWNudsEoVOayRUlG_8bwYYYTRRJS/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Would anyone be able to help me with crashing on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Would someone be able to look at my Windows .dmp file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Would someone be able to look at my Windows .dmp file: I got this error and my computer shut down two or three different times now: "Stop error code: System Service Exception - What failed: Ndu.sys" I have tried rolling back my computer to the August 12 restore point not sure if it succeeded--one message at the end of the...