Windows 10: Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)?

Discus and support Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I'm just curious about your thoughts on this question. I know this question is stupid. "Would there be a way to 'Prevent' corruption for files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George Big Man, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)?

Hello! I'm just curious about your thoughts on this question. I know this question is stupid. "Would there be a way to 'Prevent' corruption for files someday (in the future)?"

Thank you!

~ George

:)

George Big Man, Nov 29, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, Nov 29, 2019
  4. mroofie Win User

Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)?

Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)?

1. Would there be a way to "Prevent" corruption for files someday (in the future)? - Similar Threads - Prevent corruption files

2. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  3. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  4. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.: When I attempt to update WIN10 I receive 'Failed in 1st boot phase, sysprep_specialized" message. I seem to be stuck on WIN10 20H1. How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.: When I attempt to update WIN10 I receive 'Failed in 1st boot phase, sysprep_specialized" message. I seem to be stuck on WIN10 20H1. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is there a way to delete files from a corrupted HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to delete files from a corrupted HDD?: Hello! S0 i had an SSD with windows and an HDD with all the apps but it got corrupted. Now when i try to enter an app from the HDD i cant use it, nor remove it. The problem with all this, is that those are important apps for me and i need to get rid of them so i can install...
  8. Corrupt winload.efi file prevents booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt winload.efi file prevents booting: There are several issues, here first, I see two bootloader files when I hit F11 to get to the boot menu. It's the same SSD. [img] When I hit the first one, I get the spinning wheel and then instead of loading the OS, it exits the process and reboots. [img] The bottom...
  9. How Do I Find and Prevent Corrupted Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Find and Prevent Corrupted Files?: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1903 on my home-built PC that has 16 GB of RAM and I have a minor annoyance that technically I fixed, but I would like to understand better. I'm trying to make backups of my video (MOV) files from my internal hard drive to one of my external hard...
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Would there be a way to Prevent corruption for files someday (in the future)?