Windows 10: Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update?

Discus and support Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 is taking a long time to update. I unplugged my laptop before I started the update so I'm wondering if anything bad would happen if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jayx468, May 28, 2020.

1. Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update?

Windows 10 is taking a long time to update. I unplugged my laptop before I started the update so I'm wondering if anything bad would happen if I plugged in my laptop to charge in the middle of the update?

*It's a dumb question but windows 10 is....yeah so I just want to be careful.

submitted by /u/jayx468
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jayx468, May 28, 2020
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, May 28, 2020
  3. Unable to access play and charge cable on Xbox 360

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Charge and Play cable on Xbox 360, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to access the cable?

I would like to inform that you can play the games using the cable. There might some reasons like:

• The battery has reached the charge limit.
    • There's a problem with the charge cable.
    • There's a problem with the battery.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

The Rechargeable Battery Pack does not charge when it’s connected to your Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the cable for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2020
  4. Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update?

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update?

1. Would there be an issue if I plugged in a charging cable during an update? - Similar Threads - issue plugged charging

2. Charge USB Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charge USB Cable: Store All Country in Buy Lock Bend USB Cable For USB Cable, Buy Lock Eat USB Cable for USB Cable, Buy Lock Damaged USB Cable for USB Cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charge-usb-cable/31c6a953-2279-4639-9a2b-ccef1b2df4cb
  3. Windows 10 Plugged in but not charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Plugged in but not charging issue: Hey! today i woke up normally, opened my PC, and plugged in the charger when opening the PC. But i noticed a weird thing, whenever, i unplug the charger, it automatically shuts down completely. now, i'll have to plug my charger everytime because whenever i unplug the charger,...
  4. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable: Hi my screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-turn-off-when-i-plug-out-my-charging-cable/8beff89c-5838-4b3c-99ef-af686e238bd4
  6. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in, not charging: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 7000 series laptop (flips into a tablet). This has been happening for a while, but when I plug in my 45 W ac adapter charger (came with laptop) it says " plugged in, not charging." Sometimes I can get it to where it'll charge, but lately I can...
  7. plugged in not charging

plugged in not charging: All of a sudden I get plugged in not charging when i scroll over the battery life. The current power is 0% so if I unplug the computer shuts off. I tried all updates but nothing. I asked at a computer store if it's the battery and they said if it is they would order the...
  8. plugged in , not charging

plugged in , not charging: when i am charging my laptop it gets charge up to 60-75% then it suddenly start to stop and shows ( plugged in,not charging). if i unplug and plug it again then for about 5 sec it shows charging then again it stops. so never getting 100% charged my laptop. and if i stayed...
  9. Plugged in, Not Charging Issues

Plugged in, Not Charging Issues: I have read a few articles with this issue once upgrading to windows 10. It has been over a year and my laptop runs like a pc. Has there been no fix to this? I have an Acer Aspire and it has a battery pack so it is not easily removable. Any help would be appreciated!...
  10. Plugged in, not charging

Plugged in, not charging: I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going...