Windows 10: Would this give me the result I desire?

Discus and support Would this give me the result I desire? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a PC with a SSD that has W10 and sensitive data. I also have two empty HDD's. The end result I desire, is to leave the PC with one HDD that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hardywv, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Would this give me the result I desire?

I have a PC with a SSD that has W10 and sensitive data. I also have two empty HDD's.

The end result I desire, is to leave the PC with one HDD that has W10, while I leave with the SSD and the second HDD, having the sensitive data in either one of them, but not on the PC.

Here's what I am considering;

I move all the sensitive data from SSD to HDD2, I perform a W10 reset on the SSD to erase the sensitive data but keep W10 on it, I clone the data-free clean W10 from SSD to HDD1, remove SSD and HDD2 from the PC.

Would this process give me the outcome I desire? And before anyone mentions it, no I cannot create an USB boot drive to install W10 on HDD1, the situation is time-critical and financially tight.

submitted by /u/Hardywv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hardywv, Mar 11, 2020

2. Please help a newb under/over volt/clock PLEASE

5min test results have rolled in:

What do ya'll suggest my next step taken should be ?

BenchedADC, Mar 11, 2020
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Would this give me the result I desire?

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Would this give me the result I desire? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Would this give me the result I desire?

1. Would this give me the result I desire? - Similar Threads - result desire

2. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  3. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  4. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  5. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  6. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  7. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  8. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  9. No results for Memory Diagnostic

No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  10. Temporary metadata storage failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

Temporary metadata storage failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: hallo i still get this error on my logbookwindows 11 pro 23h2 laptop is a legion-5 from lenovo Temporary metadata storage failed, result=0x80070490 for container {B4543641-A66E-42D8-BF6F-84A45DFE3A5B} please some help. thx...