Windows 10: Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?

Discus and support Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The installation would be installed remotely. Would Windows Defender block or at least notify of the installation? 157014 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joad, May 24, 2020.

1. Joad Win User

Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?

The installation would be installed remotely. Would Windows Defender block or at least notify of the installation?

:)

2. Windows Defender keylogger question

This has probably been asked before, could not find it in the forum.
    Does Windows Defender prevent keyloggers attack.
    I'm not asking if it detect keylogger infections once the system is compromised, but before end.

Pulcinella, May 24, 2020
  3. Keylogger detected on Windows 10

You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

As of right-this-minute, yes. If not, you'll know soon enough (e.g., if the next Cumulative update for Win10 fails to install).

PS: If & when you're ready to abandon McAfee Live$$$afe <wink> in favor of Windows Defender & Firewall, you'll need to repeat Steps #1 thru #6, #10 & #11 of the multi-step fix so you might wanna hang on to it for future use.

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 24, 2020
  4. Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?

#D09r Dinesh, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?

1. Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger? - Similar Threads - Defender detect installation

2. support Keylogger version windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support Keylogger version windows: I am can't connect device D. bút can't config bitlocker . I wan team microsoft can support open drive D file.tks team. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-keylogger-version-windows/d5a498ac-72a4-4d66-828a-ffec66b277e1
  3. Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?: I tried searching online and get various opinions, but would like to get new answers as of 2021. My laptop runs W10 pro. So, can I trust Defender to protect me from keyloggers? I also use the on screen keyboard, but I'm not sure if the Windows keyboard is that effective....
  4. Is there a way to simply detect if there's a keylogger on your computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to simply detect if there's a keylogger on your computer?: I went to unsafe site accidentally. submitted by /u/N0toriousMSG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijggnt/is_there_a_way_to_simply_detect_if_theres_a/
  5. Would Windows Defender block installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would Windows Defender block installation?: Version : Windows 10 Home 64bit When I install Firefox ver. 74.0b1 64bit under administrator account, it pops up "This application cannot execute on your PC" Would it cause by windows defender? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  6. Identifing Keylogger

Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...
  7. Keyloggers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyloggers: Clarify the terminology of containing the directory " And " Intended to contain directory " I got this from this site. https://norfolkinfosec.com/tag/hsmbalance-exe/...
  8. does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ?

does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ?: does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-detect-and-protect-from/5a2a35a0-1d5e-4fb2-bd04-2aa8aa5b7666
  9. Bugged windows 10/Keylogger

Bugged windows 10/Keylogger: Recently I've been getting login attempts from all my accounts from different places around the world. I've secured all my accounts and traced the bug to an email. I'm now wondering how do I find and remove the keylogger/rat whatever it is and take this idiots access away...
  10. Windows Defender keylogger question

Windows Defender keylogger question: This has probably been asked before, could not find it in the forum. Does Windows Defender prevent keyloggers attack. I'm not asking if it detect keylogger infections once the system is compromised, but before end. 79832