Windows 10: Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard?

Discus and support Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm going to but a wireless keyboard. Its the Logitech K810. They're selling one certified refurbished for $50 on Amazon, one used on ebay for $55, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xlook, Jul 10, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard?

I'm going to but a wireless keyboard. Its the Logitech K810. They're selling one certified refurbished for $50 on Amazon, one used on ebay for $55, and one new for $75. My question is, would you guys buy certified refurbished or used for a keyboard? Would you trust that?

:)

xlook, Jul 10, 2016

2. What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

Anything new with WINmo 6.5 or some of the new Android phones coming out:

- Memory capacity - N97 has NO MEMORY, the MINI has double the RAM. Think about that!

- FM transmiter - Works at a range of 2 feet - a cable would be better anyway into the car stereo

- Widgets - are you kidding me?????

- FM Radio - yeah sure that is good, but whatever

- Great resolution when you watch movies - no h264 on the n97 mate, sure most other phones do this fine, my HP Ipaq from 2001 plays more movies than the n97 (it has skype as well!!)

- 5MP camera - yeah until it is scratched

-REAL MULTITASK phone - WINmo can do it, Android can do it, even the pre can do it....

I feel hooped for getting the N97, everything is there, but nothing works as it should. Thankfully since this AM i dont have any out of memory errors, but I am sure they will return just when I don't need them to.

At this point anything is better - to be honest, I've had my eyes on the n900 - but unless Nokia fixes my n97, i wont throw them another dime so long as I live, nor will I allow the 30 people i have sent Nokias way to get another one.

Fix. My. Phone.

rasmus---01, Jul 10, 2016
  3. gazpeiti Win User
    What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

2 days ago my N97 stopped working, I had to turned off for some reason, and when I turned it on the screen was frozen. (Nokia logo)

I was so afraid of sending my phone out for repair, with the possibility of getting a new N97 and lose all my apps from the OVI store + all the information that I have on my phone. Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard? :( lucky me, after attemping 10 more times, my phone worked.

It came through my mind the possibility of getting a new phone, but wich one?, Iphone, HTC, Omnia, Android phone? Lets face it, there is no phone in the market with all the capabilities than the N97 has. No phone gets even closer:

- Memory capacity

- FM transmiter

- Widgets

- FM Radio

- Great resolution when you watch movies

- 5MP camera

- REAL MULTITASK phone ( over 8 apps open and no issues at all ) Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard? :)

- etc

This morning I updated my phone to the new firmware (2.0XXX), IMHO I would say the firmware is not a mayor improvement, still some bugs to be fixed but, it runs a bit faster. C memory still the same and some other stuff that we all know the phone still has.
    So, What would you buy, if you have to return your N97?

For me, maybe I will switch to Android OS when my N97 gets obsolete.

gazpeiti, Jul 10, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Buying through Amazon is relatively safe, the return/refund/replacement policy is pretty good!

RolandJS, Jul 10, 2016
  5. badrobot Win User
    I would buy any refurb product. Refurb products are not necessarily defective. Some are but are already repaired and brought back to a certified "brand new" state.

badrobot, Jul 10, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I am posting right now from this computer that I bought 1 week ago:
    Asus X750JA TH71Â*I7 4702HQ 2 2GHz 8GB RAM 2TB HDD HD 4600 DVD 17 3 Windows 8 1 886227843961 | eBay

It is absolutely perfect, and replaced a refurbished laptop that I bought about 6 years ago and sold a couple days ago when I got my "new" one.

I look for the words Manufacturer refurbished, though and not seller refurbished. Seller refurbished could be nothing more than they dusted it off and called it refurbishing. I also look for ads where they have/had more than 1 of the same item for sale.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    I wouldn't. You don't know how it was "refurbished". I've seen refurbished PC's from one manufacturer that still had many different problems. Some were just cancelled orders and those were perfect but others had been returned because of problems or problems that couldn't be resolved. I also saw refurbs on their site selling for more than current new ones that were on sale. You don't know, you pay your $$ and take your chances. $20 more for a new keyboard is worth it to me.

fireberd, Jul 10, 2016
  8. badrobot Win User

When it's "Re-certified Refurb", (by manufacturer) it can be considered like brand new and comes with a warranty. If it's not like what you expected it to be, you can still return it.

badrobot, Jul 10, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    I've bought refurbished devices, last was an HP Laserjet and still have it. The box had never opened. Frequently refurbished means a product with a serial number was sold, entered into a computer and cannot again be sold as new.

Berton, Jul 10, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    Agreed that is what is expected, but its not always the case. Then its the hassle (many times) of getting it replaced or a refund.
    I've seen too many cases of problems with refurbs on one manufacturers forum.

In this particular case, a keyboard, I wouldn't consider the refurb'd keyboard for the $20 difference.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Buy Refurbished Used

2. Reselling used laptops on Ebay, do I need to buy a refurbished license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reselling used laptops on Ebay, do I need to buy a refurbished license.: About 10 years ago Microsoft informed me that if I am reselling used PC's or Laptops, I would need to purchase a "Windows refurbished" license if I was to sell them with an OS installed. I know that the newer laptops have the license embedded in the hardware, but I am...
  3. Reselling used laptops on Ebay, do I need to buy a refurbished license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reselling used laptops on Ebay, do I need to buy a refurbished license.: About 10 years ago Microsoft informed me that if I am reselling used PC's or Laptops, I would need to purchase a "Windows refurbished" license if I was to sell them with an OS installed. I know that the newer laptops have the license embedded in the hardware, but I am...
  4. Reselling used laptops on Ebay, do I need to buy a refurbished license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Would you read downstairs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would you read downstairs?: Hello, i have a laptop with windows 10 and still have 30GB free and so i wanted to buy an external hard disk. My question is whether you can save programs/games on the external hard disk. Lest bitte unten?
  6. Is there a way to make the USB drive that you would buy at the store with the Windows key...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the USB drive that you would buy at the store with the Windows key...: Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. submitted by /u/TrueRize [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gaj79z/is_there_a_way_to_make_the_usb_drive_that_you/
  7. If money was no object, would you buy........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If money was no object, would you buy........: If money was no object, would you buy........ Nvidia Shield TV ……………... C$259.99 or Nvidia Shield TV Pro …………. C$785.16 125372
  8. What software would you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What software would you use?: If you wanted to create a simple program on your Computer using the Parallel or Serial port as the I/O, what software would you use to write the program? I want to write a little program that sends series of code to my Computer Controlled Ham Radio, which will set. among...
  9. How would you describe this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How would you describe this?: Hi folks, I would like to recommend this in the Feedback App, but I'm not sure how to say it. For lack of words, I have put this together so y'all can see what I would like. I guess I would just like more customization with the Start Menu. *Smile [img] -Chuck 2982
  10. Before you buy a used computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Before you buy a used computer...: Same as buying a new computer. Write down the model and specs, and then go home where the salesclerk can't pressure you. Look it up on the web. One poster had bought a refurbished Windows 7 desktop and was happy with it. Upgraded to 10 and had all kinds of problems. Turns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. would you buy a used keyboard?