Windows 10: Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out?

Discus and support Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like if there is a wind storm or whatever going on. Or do you think that it's not risky at all? 180170 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockfan13, May 28, 2021.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out?

Like if there is a wind storm or whatever going on. Or do you think that it's not risky at all?

:)

rockfan13, May 28, 2021

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2021
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2021
  4. Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out?

Unable to get into desktop screen, but can get into with forcefull restart using power button.

Hi Colinito,

I would surely assist you for sure.

Before I proceed further, I would like to know the information below,

• Did you make any recent changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to disconnect all he external devices connected to the computer and reconnect it. This is to check if the issue is conflicted to the external devices. Once you are boot to computer install
    all the pending updates.

Also install all the Windows pending updates.

I suggest you to
    install the updates again, and restart the computer.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.

Method 2: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Also install the latest updated display drivers from the manufacturer website from the below link provided.

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/pro...eries-laptops/lenovo-g585-notebook?beta=false

Since the computer freezes while botting and as it take too long time to boot to desktop screen, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 3: follow the below step for
    Fast startup to boot to the computer.

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out?

1. Would you use your desktop computer if the power can go out? - Similar Threads - desktop computer power

2. How do you use power output when your pc is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you use power output when your pc is off: I have a Quest 2 with Oculus Link sometimes my headset does charge but rarely it does not charge when my laptop is off anyway to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-use-power-output-when-your-pc-is-off/d2b54583-6566-44e2-aab6-f25af28f29e3
  3. What would happen if you allowed a malicious program to make changes to your computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What would happen if you allowed a malicious program to make changes to your computer?: What would happen if you allowed a malicious program make changes to your device and what would you do once you already let it make changes? submitted by /u/Professional_Gold987 [link] [comments]...
  4. Can you use your Windows on 2 devices?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you use your Windows on 2 devices?: Howdy, If I log in to the unactivated version of Windows with my Microsoft account, is Windows directly activated and if not, how do I activate it without a key? Kann man sein Windows auf 2 Geräten nutzen?
  5. What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not...: What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not turn off power after a system shutdown starts, and then you power it off? If that happens, and someone has this problem, I will copy and paste your Answer....
  6. Can you go back to your old edition of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can you go back to your old edition of windows: I have a windows 10 pro product key that i'm not sure is genuine. It says it works, it sends me to the upgrading screen when i put it in, but i'm worried that it won't be genuine. Would there be any way to go back to home edition if this key doesn't work? If not, is there a...
  7. Can you Configure the Zones on your Desktop on Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you Configure the Zones on your Desktop on Windows?: Hello Everyone, I'm using two 27" monitors and they're awesome for having multiple windows up at the same time. However I was wondering if it was possible to configure them to more than just 4 zones per monitor? It would be cool to get some windows smaller than others...
  8. What software would you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What software would you use?: If you wanted to create a simple program on your Computer using the Parallel or Serial port as the I/O, what software would you use to write the program? I want to write a little program that sends series of code to my Computer Controlled Ham Radio, which will set. among...
  9. Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard?: I'm going to but a wireless keyboard. Its the Logitech K810. They're selling one certified refurbished for $50 on Amazon, one used on ebay for $55, and one new for $75. My question is, would you guys buy certified refurbished or used for a keyboard? Would you trust that? 55929
  10. Can you use your iso to install on another computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you use your iso to install on another computer?: If I use the iso I installed on my computer to install on my dad's pc will that be ok as long as he uses his key whenofficial release comes out? 6778