Windows 10: WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

Discus and support WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TecoRaidboss, Jan 15, 2019.

1. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel series software no longer recognizes the buttons when pressed.

These buttons work on a windows browser but as forward and back between pages.

A work around that I found and it is tedious to do is going to computer management uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the drivers again then the steel series software recognizes the buttons again but after a restart the same problem comes up.

I tried using mouse and keyboard center but says that there is no supported hardware connected.

Again before the update the mouse was working properly.

:)

TecoRaidboss, Jan 15, 2019

2. Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse side buttons won't work.

I recently bought a mouse called the Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse, and it works great. But, I do have an issue. The sides of the mouse don't work, and when they do, only 1, 4, and 5 keys work. And after i click 1 of the keys, it
    won't work again. The double click feature works the same way. I click it once, and it won't work again for another 5 minutes. Anyone know how to reset the mouse? PS, I tried downloading the Utech software to rebind the keys, but that didn't work.

TommyApplegate, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Notaphish Win User
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working in games after the Creators update

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to the Creators update and in games my Logitech g502's extra mouse buttons aren't getting picked up ( buttons 4 and 5). For example, I go to an action currently bound to button 4, click to change it and when I press mouse button 5 it just
    doesn't know its been pressed!

I've checked around and people are seeing it in LoL, Dishonored 2, Witcher 3 and a few other games. I suspect the update is still rolling out and people haven't picked up on it yet.

I've tried hardware troubleshooter, unplugging and plugging it back in again, updated NVidia drivers... no success.

Any ideas?

I've tried the links mentioned in this reddit thread:

Can't use special mouse keys in Witcher 3 GOTY : witcher

but don't really want to bind to key presses ( suggested in one of the other links ).

Might just rollback the creators update and see what happens!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Notaphish, Jan 15, 2019
  4. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working in games after the Creators update

Having this issue as well. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 aren't working on two separate mice (Redragon and a Tecknet) in League of Legends; I can't verify with other software, but the game stopped taking input from those buttons after the update. I just want to
    confirm it is a software issue and not an issue with the mice.

LightBound15, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

1. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly - Similar Threads - WOW mmo gaming

2. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...
  3. Clipboard, Input & Windows button not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard, Input & Windows button not working properly: After update to 1809, I got this following problems: Cursor keep flickering Typing / Right Click delay Press windows button create screenshot instead of open start menu. The same result when using on-screen keyboard. However click on start icon in taskbar still works Cant...
  4. Task view button not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working properly: I use Windows 10 and has the latest update. Task view button shows only open windows, and not history. It used to show file history datewise and you can pick up from where you had ended. Pls give a solution Regards Suresh...
  5. My Caps lock button is not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Caps lock button is not working properly.: So there's a problem. My 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop's caps lock is not working properly. When I press the button, the light turns on but no capitol letters show up. And then, randomly after, there is only caps letters, and when you hold down shift, it is lower case, but...
  6. Surface Pro 4 not working properly.

Surface Pro 4 not working properly.: I've recently started to encounter some issues with my surface pro 4, some apps such as calculator, and alarms don't start. they'll pop up then close by itself immediately after. the photos app was doing the same and i would get an error when trying to open any photo but i...
  7. BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4

BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4: Hi, I just recently built a new pc to replace my existing one. All programs I have ran seem fine, however when I go to play Fallout 4 it goes to blue screen with 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay or just idling in game. I have reinstalled the video card drivers. I have reinstalled...
  8. Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse: I recently bought a gaming mouse: Professional 6 Buttons 5500dpi Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for PC Laptop | eBay and Windows won't recognize it (Code 43) and it calls it: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), I tried contacting the seller but he...
  9. Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box: A series of 4 to 10 beeps is occurring about 5 minutes apart in my computer box. Ran a diagnostic and according to the results everything checks fine. Any idea what's causing this? TIA 104885
  10. Start Button not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button not working properly: All of a sudden my start button will not respond to the left click. Right click works normally. This seems to be the only problem in the task bar. Any suggestions? Is there a win 10 repair disk available? I have just discovered that there are no restore points! What to do?...