Windows 10: WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

Discus and support WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TecoRaidboss, Jan 15, 2019.

1. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel series software no longer recognizes the buttons when pressed.

These buttons work on a windows browser but as forward and back between pages.

A work around that I found and it is tedious to do is going to computer management uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the drivers again then the steel series software recognizes the buttons again but after a restart the same problem comes up.

I tried using mouse and keyboard center but says that there is no supported hardware connected.

Again before the update the mouse was working properly.

:)

TecoRaidboss, Jan 15, 2019

2. Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse side buttons won't work.

I recently bought a mouse called the Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse, and it works great. But, I do have an issue. The sides of the mouse don't work, and when they do, only 1, 4, and 5 keys work. And after i click 1 of the keys, it
    won't work again. The double click feature works the same way. I click it once, and it won't work again for another 5 minutes. Anyone know how to reset the mouse? PS, I tried downloading the Utech software to rebind the keys, but that didn't work.

TommyApplegate, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Notaphish Win User
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working in games after the Creators update

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to the Creators update and in games my Logitech g502's extra mouse buttons aren't getting picked up ( buttons 4 and 5). For example, I go to an action currently bound to button 4, click to change it and when I press mouse button 5 it just
    doesn't know its been pressed!

I've checked around and people are seeing it in LoL, Dishonored 2, Witcher 3 and a few other games. I suspect the update is still rolling out and people haven't picked up on it yet.

I've tried hardware troubleshooter, unplugging and plugging it back in again, updated NVidia drivers... no success.

Any ideas?

I've tried the links mentioned in this reddit thread:

Can't use special mouse keys in Witcher 3 GOTY : witcher

but don't really want to bind to key presses ( suggested in one of the other links ).

Might just rollback the creators update and see what happens!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Notaphish, Jan 15, 2019
  4. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working in games after the Creators update

Having this issue as well. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 aren't working on two separate mice (Redragon and a Tecknet) in League of Legends; I can't verify with other software, but the game stopped taking input from those buttons after the update. I just want to
    confirm it is a software issue and not an issue with the mice.

LightBound15, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

1. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly - Similar Threads - WOW mmo gaming

2. Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steel Series Arctis 3 Is Not Being Detected: First of all hi and thanks to the people who are reaing this now.For a few weeks I have a problem with my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Steel Series Arctis 3, when I plug it into my computer, It asks which device I plugged in. I pick headphones and click OK but it does not...
  3. Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk: I can do it in Discord. I can do it in TeamSpeak. I can do it in every game I play. But I can't do it in XBOX parties. Has anyone found a way to do this that doesn't require me to remap my mouse button and thus ALL of my other PTT mappings?...
  4. Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping mouse button 4/5 to game bar push-to-talk: I can do it in Discord. I can do it in TeamSpeak. I can do it in every game I play. But I can't do it in XBOX parties. Has anyone found a way to do this that doesn't require me to remap my mouse button and thus ALL of my other PTT mappings?...
  5. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised: I have been using a M618 PLUS wireless mouse for about 9 months. I have arthritis in my fingers so I use Xmouse to map buttons 4 and 5 to scroll up and down the page to save me constantly using the mouse wheel. I use it in conjunction with a standard keyboard connected via...
  6. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working: Just recently my mouse buttons 4 and 5 quit working. It is a Corsair m65 mouse. I have looked in there software and it is set as back and forward for webpages. I have tried it on other devices and it works correctly without any software. Its win10 on a PC I built myself....
  7. Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse side buttons suddenly stopped working for this device

Utech Smart Venus MMO gaming mouse side buttons suddenly stopped working for this device: I've had this mouse for a very long time without any issues. All of a sudden though, none of the buttons have become responsive. I plugged the mouse into a different device to confirm that it's not a hardware issue, and it worked just fine; meaning it's a software issue. I've...
  8. Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5: Hi, I'm using Win10 Pro and wireless mouse Delux M618 Plus. A few days ago my toddles smashed some random keys on keyboard maybe not related and today I notices that mouse buttons 4 and 5 have both some strange macros assigned to them alt+rcontrol+rshift+rwin+181 that...
  9. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer: With multiple mice different models, I suddenly cannot use mouse buttons 4&5 in Windows 10, build 1909. These buttons work in Win explorer, but in Chrome and Edge, they do nothing. I have gone to a website which allows you to test your mouse buttons -- these buttons...
  10. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...