Windows 10: Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve

Discus and support Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Folks - I have one single machine with the most pervasive, confounding "malware" effects I've ever dealt with in 30 years of work in tech. (And I even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jayinatlanta, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve

Folks - I have one single machine with the most pervasive, confounding "malware" effects I've ever dealt with in 30 years of work in tech. (And I even wrote some viruses and Trojans myself in everything from assembly to C++ in my early days doing formal study of operating systems.) I also can't find out anything specific about a similar infection type here or on other forums. This is a personal HP Pavilion X360 exclusively bought and provisioned for my daughter to use for virtual school work on our home network. Initial behavior: When any version of Windows 10/11 is clean-installed after all partitions are deleted, Windows behaves fine when offline - I can manually install any number of KBs, BIOS updates, OEM drivers, etc. and I've tried maybe 5 different Windows ISOs from pre-21H1 through Win11 22000.71When initially offline, Malwarebytes / Emsisoft report no malware - even scanning for rootkits, even scanning with direct HD accessWhen initially offline, SFC reports no & chkdsk reports no errors As mentioned above, BIOS update is applied - Bios name/revision match HP's latest specs. I then pause Windows Updates and join a network. The following behavior makes ZERO difference how many / which users / built-in Administrator account are set up on the machine. Malware behavior:
    [*]Within minutes of joining any network, User Account Control asks to be turned off and system restarted (similar to UAC is consistently turning itself off.). NOTE - I have manually changed computer name / static IPs/DNS settings repeatedly during each clean install process, so this is occurring regardless of the computer's specific IP when it joins.
    [*]At this point, Malwarebytes reports Task Manager has been disabled; CMD has been disabled; Registry tools have been disabled - Emergency Kit reports the same findings. Neither tool reports specific malware.
    [*]Upon next reboot, I get the old "user profile service failed the sign-in" - no restoration methods work from here on out[/LIST] So...some kind of a RAT? The only other thing I could think of is if it's not really malware, but some failed attempt by HP to install another driver, but you'd think it'd go through the correct chain of command. I'm thinking of installing Fiddler right away too during the offline process and watching for what traffic is happening.

:)

jayinatlanta, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 21, 2021
  3. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve

Jsssssssss, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve

1. Wow - very pervasive/aggressive "malware", can't solve - Similar Threads - Wow very pervasive

2. WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  3. WOW!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  4. Wow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  5. Wow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  6. Wow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Search-fine.com - Very Persistent Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Search-fine.com - Very Persistent Malware: Whoever you may be, I hope you are having a good day. A few days ago, my computer was infected with a browser hijacker which redirects all my searches to a website www.search-fine.com, and then onto any random search engine Google, Bing, Ask Jeeves and Yahoo are all used. The...
  8. Solved: Very Slow Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved: Very Slow Login: After hours of searching without finding a solution, I resolved the slow login 12 minutes.My solution was to delete the files in the user account under the "AppData\Temp" directory."C:\Users\"User Account Name"\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*"Login is back to seconds....
  9. Wow windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wow windows: Congrats for 35 years support. You are #1 on my OS ranking! Your reward is below _____________________ WINDOWS #1 ON OS RANKING ----------------------- Please note that the topic list did not...
  10. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved): For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...