Windows 10: WPA closes instantly - upon launch

Discus and support WPA closes instantly - upon launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had some error causing Windows Performance Analyzer to crash upon launch. I did clean install and it worked, but now it doesn't work again (different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Mar 27, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

WPA closes instantly - upon launch

I had some error causing Windows Performance Analyzer to crash upon launch. I did clean install and it worked, but now it doesn't work again (different error) LOL...
    Ofc. 3 search engines coldn't find anything about Event Viewer errors - classic... And I don't know how difficult it is to debugg application to find cause of an issue, I guess it depends... It worked on clean install awhile and now all the sudden again it crashes again upon launch... No idea why! No corruption both using (sfc/dism), no erorrs in Event Viewer... No one has any idea even Microsoft, which doesn't surprise me...

Original post: WPA closes upon launch! | Sysnative Forums

I also found this:
    Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292 I installed it as performance toolkit. There is no option to install only WPR, in both cases when using ADKsetup, or Windows SDK!

:)

empleat, Mar 27, 2021
  2. zehpavora Win User

Finding my WPA key...

With such new information, I think your router is not configured to use WPA, but another authenticating method which I not familiar with. Maybe if you use the username and password you use for your cellphone, you may be able to access your router.

slyfox2151, I was not aware of that. I know WPA is far more secure that WEP just didn't know how harder it was to crack it. And yes, I knew he had WPA not WEP. I was suggesting based on my not-so-applicable knowledge.

zehpavora, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

• I am unable to launch game bar on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I cannot open xbox console companion on windows (appears to open but closes instantly)
    • Many gamepass games won't launch, some say im not logged in (but i obviously am logged into my gamepass account)

I have tried a number of solutions I found on the internet from simple reinstall to running various command prompt and powershell commands, I have ensured I have folder and file permissions for the microsoft apps folder on this account.

Because I cannot launch the microsoft store I can't attempt to reinstall some items.

teardropphoenix, Mar 27, 2021
  4. zehpavora Win User

Finding my WPA key...

Well, if you really can't reset, there's always hacking. I don't know about WPA protocols, but there are tons of hacking tools to WPE, for example. There is also a Linux Distro specially for internet hacking (although they consider it "security-check") called Backtrack. Even though I suggested it, I don`t think this goes against the rules since you'll be doing to yourself. I AM NOT suggesting you to hack other people NOR recommending it.

zehpavora, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. WPA closes instantly - upon launch - Similar Threads - WPA closes instantly

2. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  3. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  4. When i launch windows defender it closes instantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i launch windows defender it closes instantly?: I have done everything update my drivers update my pc Did sfc/scannow It just doesnt work any idea how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-launch-windows-defender-it-closes-instantly/e08427c8-4643-4930-8c06-f9dfbe985aab
  5. When i launch windows defender it closes instantly?

When i launch windows defender it closes instantly?: I have done everything update my drivers update my pc Did sfc/scannow It just doesnt work any idea how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-launch-windows-defender-it-closes-instantly/e08427c8-4643-4930-8c06-f9dfbe985aab
  6. When i launch windows defender it closes instantly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10's WMP closes instantly upon launch

Windows 10's WMP closes instantly upon launch: Windows 10's (v21H1 Build 19043.1110) WMP (v12.0.19041.1110) closes instantly upon launch. I have tried as many of the "solutions" available online to no avail. I feel most comfortable with this player, so I am not looking for an alternative. I did try something new today. I...
  8. Windows 10's WMP closes instantly upon launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10's WMP closes instantly upon launch: Windows 10's v21H1 Build 19043.1110 WMP v12.0.19041.1110 closes instantly upon launch. I have tried as many of the "solutions" available online to no avail. I feel most comfortable with this player, so I am not looking for an alternative.I did try something new today. I...
  9. Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch: I have been running Windows 10 for over a year now on this computer with little issues. Over the past week, I have tried opening multiple programs, games on Steam, Bitdefender Antivirus, etc. and almost all of them close about 5 seconds after I open them. I have tried...
  10. All browsers except for edge closing upon launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers except for edge closing upon launch: Hi everyone I recently built a pc, and everything seems to be working fine on it, except for the fact that all the browsers I try to install on it will crash/close immediately after opening. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or any possible fixes? Thank you :)...