Windows 10: WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update

Discus and support WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First im no longer sure where is the best place to post such bug/questions with connect retired.... The tests, for now, point to a flaw in the WPF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SlickRickD, Jul 18, 2019.

1. WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update

First im no longer sure where is the best place to post such bug/questions with connect retired....

The tests, for now, point to a flaw in the WPF datagrid that cause the content of some cells to disappear (becomes blank) if the grid has a scrollbar and the view is scrolled up and down several times. This flaw only seems to appear in Windows 10 feature update, Version 1903 (i.e., Build 18362), released this past May. Also, I was able to reproduce this misbehavior with older version of our software which never had this issue.

For the tests that I did just now, the misbehavior does not appear on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Versions 1703, 1803, and 1809).

I may be wrong but it seems that this problem occurs only on cells using a DatagridTemplateColumn.

WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update 34b7144e-f890-4ada-8a1e-2d8f62f66187?upload=true.jpg

:)

SlickRickD, Jul 18, 2019
  2. MrSeanKon Win User

Enable visual styles in WPF application

EUREKA!

Steps:
    1) I made a Windows form (HostWPF namespace, Form1 is the form).
    2) I added a reference => System.Windows.Forms.Integration which contains classes that enable interoperation between the Windows Forms and WPF technologies. When you use System.Windows.Forms.Integration classes, you can host Windows Forms controls on WPF pages, and WPF elements in Windows Forms-based applications.
    3) Then added a control (damn Vi$ual $tudio 2010 does not allow to add a WPF window) but after adding I edited the XMAL code in the way I want *Wink WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update ;)
    4) The next steps are simple. Download the first attachment. But => see the photo.
    It crashes!!!!!
    5) Finally???
    We must use System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(); command because the WPF window behaves like a classical Windows Form.
    Download the second attachment. Note that the Windows form's name is Initial.
    Enjoy!

MrSeanKon, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

Source: Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI at Microsoft Connect(); 2018 - Windows Developer Blog

See also: .NET Core 3 Preview 1 and Open Source Windows Desktop Frameworks - Windows 10 Forums

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jul 18, 2019
  4. WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update

1. WPF Datagrid disappearing cells after latest window's update - Similar Threads - WPF Datagrid disappearing

2. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting: After pasting text into multiple table cells, the cursor disappears in all cells in the row that was pasted to. Even if the row has, for example 6 cells, but I pasted into 3 cells, the cursor disappears when clicking in any of the cells in the row. The same happens if I paste...
  3. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting: After pasting text into multiple table cells, the cursor disappears in all cells in the row that was pasted to. Even if the row has, for example 6 cells, but I pasted into 3 cells, the cursor disappears when clicking in any of the cells in the row. The same happens if I paste...
  4. Cursor disappears in Word table cells after pasting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adobe Caslon Pro Disappeared after Latest Update

Adobe Caslon Pro Disappeared after Latest Update: Way to go, Microsoft: Adobe Caslon Pro is now missing from my system, even though the Adobe site shows Caslon as activated. I was in the middle of working on an InDesign document whose main body text is, you guessed it, ACP, and now I can't work on it. You all really deserve...
  6. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  7. File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update

File Directory Columns disappearing after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  8. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update: Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar....
  9. Usb ports and bluetooth disappears after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usb ports and bluetooth disappears after latest update: Everything was running fine, i don't know what and why it came to my mind to update windows 10 version 1903 with KB4497165 After updating windows my USB ports stop working , i find out in Device Manager under USB intelRUSB 3.0 showing code 10, i find alot about it on...
  10. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wpf datagrid