Windows 10: WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?

Discus and support WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello All! After installing WPS Office - The Most Compatible Free Office Suite - WPS Office - I had various file associations and icons changed. No... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jdUnionngarden, May 1, 2017.

1. WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?

Hello All!

After installing WPS Office - The Most Compatible Free Office Suite - WPS Office - I had various file associations and icons changed. No surprises there. I've manually corrected the file associations to my liking, but still have many "wrong" icons.

I wish to change my icons back to the standard Microsoft Office icons, but have had no success. *Sad
    Running 'Clear_and_Reset_Thumbnail_Cache' did not work nor did a Program Repair for MS Office (From Programs & Features).

Appreciation goes out to all who read this post and those who reply! *Smile

Thanks very much,

:)

jdUnionngarden, May 1, 2017
  2. GeoffC136 Win User

Windows 10 Installation - Icons Will Not Display Properly

Dear All

I have sorted this problem in a slow but doable way. The removal of the IconCache (which I have done twice) has made no difference to the problem.

1. To sort the icons for MS Office and CorelDraw I have found the executable files. (Somewhat strangely the MS Office 2010 executables are in the Office14 folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14).

2. I have then created shortcuts for these (which have to be on the Desktop).

3. I have cut them from the Desktop to the appropriate Start Menu folder (C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office).

4. In the start menu folder I have opened the Properties for each shortcut and then changed the icon. (For some reason the Change Icon process has had to be gone through twice for the change to take effect).

5. The icons now appear in the Start Menu tiles with the correct coloured icons!

This is a messy and time consuming fix but it works.

Geoff

GeoffC136, May 1, 2017
  3. psdurai72 Win User
    Lumia 535 dual sim lcd freezing issues and the attitude of call center and customer care people!!!!

In android we can read Tamil vanavil auvoiyar fonts using wps office. How to read Tamil fonds in Ms office?

psdurai72, May 1, 2017
  4. mike s Win User

WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?

From Programs and Features, you could try to select each MS Office component and run a "repair" installation.

mike s, May 1, 2017
  5. Thanks mike S,
    My apologies for not noting I had already tried that. My post has been updated.
    Best,*Smile

jdUnionngarden, May 1, 2017
  6. mike s Win User
    mike s, May 1, 2017
  7. When you say wrong icons do you mean like Writer is now an Adobe PDF icon? Things like that? Or what was a Word icon is now Writer icon? If you are using WPS, and select a file to open with WPS, it will change the icon to WPS. If you want Microsoft's icons back you need to right click on the file, and select "open with", and then select Microsoft's program instead of WPS. You can't really have a Microsoft icon for an "open with WPS" file unless you maybe manually change the icon through properties.

Bobby Phoenix, May 2, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

@jdUnionngarden

Had you unchecked various options during installation?

WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 2, 2017
  9. Thanks for the reply Edwin,
    I was looking for anything "extra" it would want to install. I did notice it was going into my AppData, not Program Files and chose not to change it in case it would not install properly. I did not see the three check boxes #2 Circle. I'm wondering where you got the screen shots. e.g. From the full paid version perhaps? I installed the free one.
    -
    So, if I just missed those, ... I see I can *reinstall* instead of changing or uninstalling. Do you have any thoughts on my best next move?
    -
    I've been considering a complete uninstall followed by a system restore prior to the initial install, but worry about ... well, something else annoying.
    -
    I certainly *do* appreciate your assistance. *Smile
    Best,

jdUnionngarden, May 2, 2017
  10. I went with the "best" solution: Uninstalled WPS Office and ran a System Restore to a date prior to the installation.
    Thanks to all who supported me in this misadventure! *Smile

jdUnionngarden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back? - Similar Threads - WPS Office Changed

2. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WPS Office - How is it still in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WPS Office - How is it still in Microsoft Store?: WPS Office currently behaves like malware. This suite has been around for a while, but the current behaviour is recent.- *RECENTLY* includes cloud storage, what uploads documents to China- *RECENTLY* advertised through website notifications "Do Windows Updates Now"- available...
  6. how to change office icons on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change office icons on windows 10: i recently downloaded microsoft office professional 2019 and expected to see the new office icons.When the program was downloaded,I saw the old office icons.I saw a program called TileIconifier and I wanted to find out if is possible to change the old office icons through...
  7. Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016: After upgrading to 20152.1 my Office 365 has changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016 and is requiring activation If I select Change license option then my valid MS Office 365 license is presented but nothing appears to happen when I select it and click next (it stays as MS Office...
  8. wps office 2019 released

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wps office 2019 released: Right now I am looking at an ad ; wps office 2019 released , all tabs in one mode like browser, more details, update now. The ad is in the lower right of the screen. If this is so good why are you hiding the x out? why ? I thought I removed it a couple of weeks ago. I did. I...
  9. Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes

Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes: Between yesterday and this morning something's changed. Previous settings for ALL workbooks had Page Setup/Sheet Tab configured to print Gridlines and NOT the Row and column headings for all the spreadsheets in all workbooks. The opposite of what's displayed. [img] As of...
  10. Interesting changes to MS Office.

Interesting changes to MS Office.: I know this is not specifically related to Windows 10, but as many Windows 10 users now lease MS Office it will affect them. In summary, MS intend to combine Word, Powerpoint and Sway as one package and Excel/Access as another. This is a major change and could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WPS office App computing icons and meaning?

2. after wps office excel icons not showing

3. how to remove wps Icons in Context menus

4. wps office changed icons,
  5. office 365 change icons back,
  6. how to put WPS program icons on desktop,
  7. ms office icons has changed,
  8. change WPS back to Microsoft Office,
  9. office 365 chane icons back