Windows 10: WPS PIN for printer installation

Discus and support WPS PIN for printer installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My canon pixma mx492 worked just fine for well over a year, but today suddenly won't connect. In my various troubleshooting I uninstalled the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bizzy Schorr, Feb 7, 2019.

1. WPS PIN for printer installation

My canon pixma mx492 worked just fine for well over a year, but today suddenly won't connect. In my various troubleshooting I uninstalled the printer and then rebooted everything to reinstall it. The reboot of the computer involved a Windows 10 update. After this reboot an update, and after previously updating the printer driver, the computer was able to find the printer on the network, but when I click "add device" I am suddenly asked to enter a WPS pin. This should not happen, as this pin should only be used to connect the printer to the wireless network, which was already done via WPS and the physical button. Furthermore, my printer does not have a WPS pin! It can only connect using the WPS button! I have even called Canon and their experts agree that Windows should not be asking for this number. What can I do to get around this dialogue and finish reinstalling my printer?

:)

Bizzy Schorr, Feb 7, 2019

2. WPS pin for Printer installation

Where on my HP ENVY 5660 can I find the WPS pin to initiate installation of the printer?

StevenShults, Feb 7, 2019
  3. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

regardless if you push the manual button or turn it on in the modem/router settings, The OP wants to connect the printer, which means a simple retrieve the PIN CODE on the UNIT and enter it.

There is no more to do.

All I ever do is turn on WPS and connect a PC or printer and enter the PIN# in the discovered items list. The same list you find it and enter the encryption key from the network taskbar tray icon.

I never had to mess with any printer itself to connect WPS. Hmmmmm.

Certified_Friend, Feb 7, 2019
  4. WPS PIN for printer installation

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

WPS PIN for printer installation

1. WPS PIN for printer installation - Similar Threads - WPS PIN printer

2. How to locate wps pin for my HP Envy 6000 series printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to locate wps pin for my HP Envy 6000 series printer?: I am using an HP Envy 6000 series all-in-one printer. When i connect it to my computer wifi it ask for WPS pin. I have checked lots of website for the exact steps however no luck. So i any one knows how to find or where is the wps pin located please help....
  3. How to locate wps pin for my HP Envy 6000 series printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to locate wps pin for my HP Envy 6000 series printer?: I am using an HP Envy 6000 series all-in-one printer. When i connect it to my computer wifi it ask for WPS pin. I have checked lots of website for the exact steps however no luck. So i any one knows how to find or where is the wps pin located please help....
  4. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WPS PIN: I am trying to connect by new printer, model SL-M2030W, but when I tried to connect to it with the printer settings on Windows 11, it askes for a WPS pin. But, I have connected the USB cable. It has a wifi direct setting but it does not have any screens or so....
  5. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WPS PIN: I am trying to connect by new printer, model SL-M2030W, but when I tried to connect to it with the printer settings on Windows 11, it askes for a WPS pin. But, I have connected the USB cable. It has a wifi direct setting but it does not have any screens or so....
  6. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WPS PIN: How can I find the WPS PIN in the Samsung xpress printer c1810w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wps-pin/ed1f4820-1251-4fd6-a4bd-6f0a3e47c231
  7. Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?: Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-wps-pin-for-the-printer/9b740203-aba2-4563-8057-d72f404b7733
  8. WPS Pin on Dell Printer

WPS Pin on Dell Printer: I am trying to find the WPS Pin on my Dell Printer E310dw. I set it up before with their support team. However the warranty ran out and I am not paying for another printer {second time already}, or an extended warranty. I got a new modem and ran into this problem. Any...
  9. reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????: windows 10 system. reinstalling hp 8630 printer scanner install requires wps pin where is this, how do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reinstalling-wireless-connected-hp-8630/d7a2aac2-b819-42d0-a144-548426521791
  10. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

WPS Pin needed for HP printer: WPS Pin needed for HP Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wps-pin-needed-for-hp-printer/fc447867-a3fe-487a-b8af-b6194df38234