Windows 10: WPS to WORD

Discus and support WPS to WORD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelindaBeggs, Sep 29, 2019.

1. WPS to WORD

I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted everything to Word or deleted it before transferring to the flash.

However, today 1 item didn't convert and without thinking I tried to transfer it to Word and hit something wrong. Evidently I hit to convert EVERYTHING to WPS. All of my stuff is in WPS and I don't know how to convert it back. I even downloaded WPS Office and it wouldn't work it. I went back to reload from the flash again, and it only shows WPS. I just get boxes and Y's. Help!!

:)

MelindaBeggs, Sep 29, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10

Hi Gardner

Right click any wps file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open wps . . .'

If Word is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Word is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the application you want to use

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  3. How to add new words to the built in dictionary in Omnia 7

You can't add them directly, but there is a way within spell check. If you have several you know you want to enter, open a word doc, and type your company name in with a space behind it.Tap the name and it will have a squiggly underline. At the bottom where
    the suggestions are, the first one will be your company name with a little plus in front of it. Tap that and it will be added to the dictionary.

If your company name is close enough to something that WP automatically 'fixes' it for you when you hit space, (the first item in the suggestion list is bold), don't worry, tap the replaced word, and again the first word in the suggestion list will be what
    you typed originally, with a plus in front. Again hitting the word/plus will add the word.

That is a good hint for anytime WP replaces a word for you didn't want replaced. Just tap what it put in and your word will be first in the list of suggestions.

Be careful, as I know how to get things into the list...I haven't a clue how you would get a mistake out WPS to WORD ;)

Sven Johannsen, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

WPS to WORD

New Rewrite feature in Microsoft Word for Office 365

Source: Rewrite in Word – Say it another way! - Office Insider Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

WPS to WORD

1. WPS to WORD - Similar Threads - WPS WORD

2. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install WPS Office with CMD: cd path>wps_wid.cid-1022725720.1705362122.exe /s /qnMy need: I want to install this software silently without user inter, but agreement prompt any way.Can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Install WPS Office with CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?: The convert MS Works files to Word link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12 is giving me an error 404- Not found result....
  6. I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?

I need to change my old WPS files to Word. How do I do that?: The convert MS Works files to Word link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12 is giving me an error 404- Not found result....
  7. When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?: What is a ms-wpc link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-xbox-on-my-laptop-it-takes-me/b6fdfdef-55a6-4989-80b7-4936f2ce7167
  8. When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?

When I try to open Xbox on my laptop, it takes me to a ms-wps link.How can I open Xbox?: What is a ms-wpc link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-xbox-on-my-laptop-it-takes-me/b6fdfdef-55a6-4989-80b7-4936f2ce7167
  9. How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10: On a new Windows 10 computer that came with a digital license for Office Home & Student 2019 I have copied some old Works formatted .WPS documents. If I launch Word then open one of them I can work on it with no difficulty. I would like to be able to double click the file...
  10. For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word: I'm trying out WPS Office. Trying to use Writer. I need to change margins. Everytime I change margin width, and then close Writer, then open it again, the margin width is back to default. I even tried saving a blank Document with the changed width but it didn't work. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I open a wps document in office home and student 2019