Windows 10: write access on map network

Discus and support write access on map network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When a hard drive with software libraries on a Windows 10 PC (system A) is mapped as a network drive on another Windows 10 PC (system B), any attempt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Senthil Kumar Krishnan, Dec 24, 2018.

1. write access on map network

When a hard drive with software libraries on a Windows 10 PC (system A) is mapped as a network drive on another Windows 10 PC (system B), any attempt to perform a codegen(RTW-MATLAB) on system B fails with SQL errors (see attached error screenshot) when it tries to access software libraries from system A. User is an administrator on both systems, and this workflow has not caused any codegen (RTW-MATLAB)failures on Windows 7 assets till now.

When i set the code gen to local directory, its working fine.

Can you please provide assistance with resolving this issue.

Could you please let us know difference in Windows 7 and Windows 10 as well related to map network limitations.

:)

Senthil Kumar Krishnan, Dec 24, 2018
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Pin to Quick Access on a Mapped Network Drive

If you use the Network Locations wizard to add a network location / subfolder as above, then you can right click it and pin it to your quick access list. This then works.

Microsoft, it is definitely a Windows 10 / Samba bug though as if you try to quick add from a mapped network share on a Linux based NAS (QNAP in my case) then although the item appears in the quick access list (e.g. S:\Backups) when you click on it
    nothing happens. You have to browse the mapped drive, which defeats the purpose of a quick access list!

Please fix this as soon as possible as it is really annoying!

RevelationSky, Dec 24, 2018
  4. write access on map network

Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Hi,
    I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had intermittent problems viewing and setting network drives. I've read a lot of other posts and tried a number of things suggested without success. WD Support have run out of ideas.

The WD Discovery tool finds the Network drives, but the box to map network drive is greyed out. I can access the desktop control panel from my browser. If I try to add a network location the drives are not listed. If I try to add the drive letter L: \\WDMYCLOUDEX2\Public the network path is not found?

I have another Windows 10 computer on the network which can access the drives without issue - so it must be a setting on my PC. Tried disabling my Kaspersky security - still not being seen?

I suspect that this has been as a result of a windows upgrade?

Anybody had similar issues?

Stormstorr, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

write access on map network

1. write access on map network - Similar Threads - write access map

2. Network Drive Issue - Read only via mapped drive, yet Read/Write if access same shared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Drive Issue - Read only via mapped drive, yet Read/Write if access same shared...: Hi,To elaborate on the above question.Two windows 11 pro machines PC 1 & PC 2 connected to routerInitially, the two computers could not access each other on the network, something to do with setting up accounts with pins, and this was covered, and resolved here:-...
  3. Network Drive Issue - Read only via mapped drive, yet Read/Write if access same shared...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Drive Issue - Read only via mapped drive, yet Read/Write if access same shared...: Hi,To elaborate on the above question.Two windows 11 pro machines PC 1 & PC 2 connected to routerInitially, the two computers could not access each other on the network, something to do with setting up accounts with pins, and this was covered, and resolved here:-...
  4. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  5. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  6. Accessing network mapped drive from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accessing network mapped drive from Windows Explorer: I have a problem accessing mapped network drive graphically. That is, I go to command prompt, input command like net use z: \\1.2.3.4\myfiles /user:myusername mypassword /persistent:Yes which works nicely from command line: I can access Z, I can see the files with dir-command...
  7. Can't map network share, but I can access it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't map network share, but I can access it: I'm new to Windows 10 network shares and mapping, so please be kind! I have a SAMBA network share on a WD NAS drive, with login credentials, named "bobloblaw". I am trying to access it from my laptop running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, via WiFi, on the local network. I can...
  8. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  9. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  10. Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed: Hello everyone. I work for a small charity and we have three windows 10 PCs that have a small network set up. This is primarily to use one MS Access database over the three machines. If you try and access the database it doesn't work (only on the main PC, not the 2 slave...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. write access network

2. codegen(RTW-MATLAB) on system B fails with SQL errors

3. codegen on map drive