Windows 10: write protect in windows 10

Discus and support write protect in windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Guys and Gals, If I stop the boot process and get a cmd prompt, I get a correct net user data, I think. If I resume the boot process, or even... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jimmypetit, Sep 18, 2020.

1. write protect in windows 10

Hi Guys and Gals,

If I stop the boot process and get a cmd prompt, I get a correct net user data, I think. If I resume the boot process, or even re-boot I get an old account name and the account is locked. I can do everything except change data or write to the hard drive. At that cmd prompt the net user data is changed and doesn't even show the account I logged in as. Help please.

:)

jimmypetit, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 18, 2020
  3. freebird_9924, Sep 18, 2020
  4. write protect in windows 10

Write Protection.

Hello everyone,

I am having a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB Pen Drive. It worked nicely for 2 years and then it suddenly shows the error message when I try to format the drive: The disk is Write Protected. I tries several ways:

• Registry editor (StorageDevicePolicies)
    • Command Prompt
    • Different tools etc.
    I couldn't remove the write protection. Please help me on this topic.

Regards,

Anik.

Anik Ghosh, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

write protect in windows 10

1. write protect in windows 10 - Similar Threads - write protect

2. All MicroSD Cards give the error message 'Remove the write-protection or use another disk.'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All MicroSD Cards give the error message 'Remove the write-protection or use another disk.': Whenever I try to add or remove files from a MicroSD card on Windows 10 Home, I get the error message 'Remove the write-protection or use another disk.' The drives logical drives are formatted as FAT. This is not the result of a bad MicroSD card, this occurs with all...
  3. USB flash drive write protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive write protected: I am trying to understand the programing of a USB Flash drive from the manufacturers. I understand the microcontrollers. I can understand PIC Erom type memory chips. I am unsure of how the program for the write protect is set from the computer into the microcontroller of the...
  4. How do you remove write protection from a "Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM"?

How do you remove write protection from a "Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM"?: Hello, I have a problem with a Write protected .ISO, which I installed as a Virtual disk for more space. I don't know if I should give the download link or not, but I got it and when I try to format it, it says that it is write protected. Now, like any PC user, I tried ALL...
  5. Remove write protection in windows 10 pendrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove write protection in windows 10 pendrive.: Hi, I bought a windows 10 home retail version which had a usb 3.0 pendrive. However, the version of windows in the pendrive was very old. So I thought to download the latest iso and flash it into that pendrive. But when I went to flash that, a message showed up telling...
  6. I need help with changing a write protected disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with changing a write protected disk: I am at my wits end. I’ve tried everything to disable read only on this micro usb through an SD card adapter. I have tried running cmd commands, changing the switch direction, putting tape over the notch, and and external software. The disk is RAW and I need to convert it the...
  7. Windows 10 Retail Flash Drive Installation Media Removal of Write Protection

Windows 10 Retail Flash Drive Installation Media Removal of Write Protection: As many are aware Microsoft has been shipping out flash drives with installation media on them, and that they are write-protected from the factory. I have not seen any other thread with any helpful information on it, so I decided to make my own thread. After tearing down one...
  8. Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected: So I was clearing out space on my SD card in my 2-in-1 tablet laptop so I can update to latest build because Windows Update is stubborn as hell. However, while in the middle of deleting files in my SD Card, explorer.exe starts to become unresponsive, hanging both the windows...
  9. microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?

microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I tried to move some files from my laptop to my Samsung microSD, but Windows says it was write-protected. Checked the Lock switch but it was unlocked. Tried a registry tweak, and tried diskpart with the cmd line, but neither of those worked....
  10. Write protect

in Windows 10 Support
    Write protect: Hello my PC turned off in the middle or installing windows 10 now I can't do anything because it is write protected can anyone help me 163480