Windows 10: Write Protected photos

Discus and support Write Protected photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SerenaBuchholtz, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Write Protected photos

I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the problem. I can put the pictures on the computer, but not open them.I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the problem. I can put the pictures on the computer, but not open them. Write Protected photos 02105c20-dce1-40db-9255-c772af8abcca?upload=true.png

:)

SerenaBuchholtz, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. freebird_9924, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Write Protected photos

Write Protected photos

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you copied the files to your computer or are you trying to access them directly from the SD card/camera?
    • What happens if you right click a photo and select the
      Open
      option?
    • What is the exact error message/error code you see when you try to open the files?
    • What is version of Windows 10 running on the computer? To check, go to Settings->System About.

Normally, an SD card has a small switch (hardware) which if turned
    on
    will not allow you to make any changes to the SD card contents. If you are trying to view the files directly from the SD card, ensure that the SD card does not have the right protection switch turned
    on.

You may try removing the Read only attribute in file properties and see if that makes any difference.

• Copy/move files to a new folder on your computer.
    • Select all photos by pressing the Ctrl key and
      A.
    • Right click on the selected files and select Properties.
    • Uncheck the box Read only.
    • Click Apply and Ok to let the changes take effect.
    • Try to open the files and see it you are the Write access.

If the above method does not work, you may try to change the file/folder permissions. Follow the steps given below.

• Copy/move files to a new folder on your computer.
    • Right click on the folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Security tab and click
      Advanced,
    • Under Permissions section, click on
      Change button, type Everyone,
      then click Check Names and click Ok.
    • Check the box Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
    • Click on Add
      and click on Select a Principal.
    • Type Everyone,
      then click Check Names and click on
      OK
    • Check the checkbox for
      Full Control
      and click Ok.
    • Click Apply
      and then click Ok
    • Click Ok
      in the folder properties window to close it and try to open the photos.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to write back if you have any further questions.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Write Protected photos

1. Write Protected photos - Similar Threads - Write Protected photos

2. Write Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protection: I have Windows 10 but I am using an older version of Excel. Maybe from Windows 7. But not sure.I only use USBs or flash drives to save files. Recently, my files take long to load. They use to come up almost immediately.That is one change I noticed.Now, I also can't copy one...
  3. write protected photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    write protected photos: How do I remove the write protected from my photos. They were not write protcted on Saturday but when I tried to open them on Sunday they said write protected and woyld not open....
  4. write protection

write protection: box pops up states media is write protected when try to down load a photo of a document how do i get rid of the write protection , also not showing these photos just a black screen,...
  5. write protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    write protection: how to resolve issue of write protection pen drive in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protection/1ad233e0-c446-4e26-a0a7-dcfc87748525
  6. Remove Write Protect Photo Albums

Remove Write Protect Photo Albums: I have "googled" and read thru many Q&As but have not been able to match my question. Where do I access the "write protection" option to turn it off so I can delete photo albums from my phone? Process: Select Galaxy JStart from "start" menu Click on DCIM Click on NAME...
  7. write protected

write protected: why have all my file suddenly become write protected and how do I reverse it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected/ebca984c-3f59-431d-9662-1c2a1481e13f
  8. Write protected photos

Write protected photos: It appears that overnight all media (photos, video etc) on my laptop have become write protected! I can't open anything. What did I do? How can I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected-photos/a10d044e-5e65-4148-83a3-ec2d15a95a70"
  9. Write Protected photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Write Protected photos: I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the...
  10. Write protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Write protection: So i logged on my computer today only to find that all my folders and files have a blank paper attached to their icons, and windows has enabled write protection on all my folders so i cant save important settings. Any way to fix this? 128441