Windows 10: Write protection

Discus and support Write protection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i logged on my computer today only to find that all my folders and files have a blank paper attached to their icons, and windows has enabled write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cerawy, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Write protection

So i logged on my computer today only to find that all my folders and files have a blank paper attached to their icons, and windows has enabled write protection on all my folders so i cant save important settings. Any way to fix this?

:)

Cerawy, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. freebird_9924, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Write protection

Write Protection.

Hello everyone,

I am having a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB Pen Drive. It worked nicely for 2 years and then it suddenly shows the error message when I try to format the drive: The disk is Write Protected. I tries several ways:

• Registry editor (StorageDevicePolicies)
    • Command Prompt
    • Different tools etc.
    I couldn't remove the write protection. Please help me on this topic.

Regards,

Anik.

Anik Ghosh, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Write protection

1. Write protection - Similar Threads - Write protection

2. USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected: Hello Everyone, This is a bout many years that I am not able to solve the "Write Protected" USB flash drive's problem however I searched a lot on google, studied many forums and tried different ways such as: editing windows registry, running diskpart commands and using some...
  3. USB Flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  4. USB Flash drive is write-protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  5. USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...

USB Drive is Write Protected. I am unable to remove its Write Protection. Every drive...: Hello all, I recently plugged my USB on my laptop and tried transferring data. It showed me that its Write Protected. I tried ways to remove the protection. Things I have tried and failed are as follows: 1. USB Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...
  6. How to only write protect a single partition on USB flash drive

How to only write protect a single partition on USB flash drive: Hi. I am looking (so far unsuccessfully) for a way to write-protect (set as read only) a single partition (i.e. a volume) of my usb pen so that the write protection (read-only) carries thru when I use it on other machines. My point is that I have a usb pen that I carry...
  7. USB drive is write protected; unable to format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive is write protected; unable to format: I had a USB pendrive with some data in it. I accidently plugged out my pendrive while the files within it were being deleted. Ever since then, my pendrive has got write protected. It even stopped showing the storage capacity in the Windows Explorer. I checked the details of...
  8. windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it it write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it it write protected: Want to do chkdsk/f in windows 10. Receiving the following: cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected....
  9. remove write-protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  10. Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...

Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...: Many with this problem edit the registry, not ideal solutions almost certainly related to the Backup code. It cold be a profile? It is not hardware since I have 5 USB Western Digital drives and all work fine with File History. One irritating possibility is extracting the...