Windows 10: Write tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 and ç keys on spanish keyboard.

Discus and support Write tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 and ç keys on spanish keyboard. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to write the tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 but the default option is to wait for the next key pressed so it can be composed, to write ã... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ajr-dev, Jun 30, 2021.

1. ajr-dev Win User

Write tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 and ç keys on spanish keyboard.

I'd like to be able to write the tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 but the default option is to wait for the next key pressed so it can be composed, to write ã for example. So I end up having to press Altgr + 4 and space to write tilde. I'd like to write tilde just with Altgr + 4.Also since I don't use the ç key, I would also like to change that key to write tilde.

:)

ajr-dev, Jun 30, 2021

2. Spanish keyboard - no tilde

Hi,

Is there a way to use a Spanish keyboard (Spain or Mexico) but avoid getting suggestions and autocorrect with tildes (á, é, í, ó, ú)?

The problem with this is that a tilde needs another charset and thus the max length for a SMS is greatly reduced. If I use an English keyboard, I obviously wo't get suggestions and autocorrect in Spanish. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of spelling (losing
    tildes) if I can get more text in a SMS.

Thanks,

Gabriel

gabrielmaldi, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Spanish keyboard - no tilde

Thank you, but I do want auto correct and suggestions in Spanish. What I'd like is that these features didn't include tildes or something that removed all the tildes before sending the SMS. If you include a single tilde in the message, the max length drops
    from 160 to 70!

gabrielmaldi, Jun 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

Hi Miguel

On the Spanish keyboard, if you press Alt + N do you get the tilde on the ñ, if not, if you press AltGR + N to your get the tilde on the ñ?

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Write tilde ~ with Altgr + 4 and ç keys on spanish keyboard. - Similar Threads - Write tilde Altgr

2. I can't write "Ç" - C-cedilha in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't write "Ç" - C-cedilha in Windows: I am on Windows 11, 22H2, 22621.3007. I tried to add multiple languages and multiple keyboards like United States International, Portuguese Portugal, etc. None works. When I click the correct key in my keyboard nothing appears in word, etc....
  3. I can't write "Ç" - C-cedilha in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't write "Ç" - C-cedilha in Windows: I am on Windows 11, 22H2, 22621.3007. I tried to add multiple languages and multiple keyboards like United States International, Portuguese Portugal, etc. None works. When I click the correct key in my keyboard nothing appears in word, etc....
  4. Spanish keyboard layout doesn't match Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spanish keyboard layout doesn't match Spanish keyboard: I am using a laptop bought in the USA which had an English keyboard and has Windows 10 Home Edition in English. Now, the laptop's keyboard got stuck & damaged. As a result I have been forced to use an external USB keyboard.The problem being that here I can only get Spanish...
  5. Spanish keyboard layout doesn't match Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spanish keyboard layout doesn't match Spanish keyboard: I am using a laptop bought in the USA which had an English keyboard and has Windows 10 Home Edition in English. Now, the laptop's keyboard got stuck & damaged. As a result I have been forced to use an external USB keyboard.The problem being that here I can only get Spanish...
  6. Tilde Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde Key Not Working?: So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated....
  7. Spanish Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spanish Keyboard: I had to install the Spanish language pack for my college Spanish course, yet when I go to type accented letters the Spanish keyboard does not work. I have tried the ctrl+ apostrophe ' + vowel but it does not work. How can I type accented letters on my laptop?...
  8. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing + e I still get "e" instead of...
  9. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on one of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing ´ + e I still get "´e" instead of...
  10. Tilde/BackTick Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tilde/BackTick Key: Hey, so recently something happened with my keyboard layout, basically I used to be able to just press down the tilde key/Backtick key and I would automatically get the tilde symbol ~ . now ever since I restarted my Pc literally less than 24hrs from writing this, I...