Windows 10: Writing executable script in Windows 10

Discus and support Writing executable script in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to write a DOS script to run in Windows 10? Just the good old fashioned DOS commands written into an executable .exe file. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve Keller, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Writing executable script in Windows 10

Is it possible to write a DOS script to run in Windows 10? Just the good old fashioned DOS commands written into an executable .exe file. When I wrote a script with a .exe extension and try to run it I just get this message. I just wrote it in Notepad, saved it as "script1.exe", and tried to run it and get the message below.

Writing executable script in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I don't know how to write the executable file in 64 bit.

Thank you very much,

Steve Keller

:)

Steve Keller, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Paul Klerkx(psk), Sep 26, 2020
  4. Writing executable script in Windows 10

Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Writing executable script in Windows 10

1. Writing executable script in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Writing executable script

2. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Writing scripts in Windows Terminal: I need to enable writing scripts in Windows Terminal. Like scripts in programming languages aka Python. How could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/writing-scripts-in-windows-terminal/cc461b0d-9a36-428d-a08e-4630b1e447b3
  3. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Writing scripts in Windows Terminal: I need to enable writing scripts in Windows Terminal. Like scripts in programming languages aka Python. How could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/writing-scripts-in-windows-terminal/cc461b0d-9a36-428d-a08e-4630b1e447b3
  4. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Writing Script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Writing Script: Hello, Could anyone write a script that would force automatic download and installation of drivers via Windows update? I care that you do not have to click Windows Update in the GUI, only that after calling the script it will download if there are any missing 175617
  6. Powershell 2 scripts Execution

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell 2 scripts Execution: I'm tryng to run the following ps1 script Code: PowerShell (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://server/file1.ps1','file1.ps1');Start-Process 'file1.ps1' PowerShell (New-Object...
  7. failed to execute script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to execute script: hello,i am trying to open A third party APP I have,was working fine until the other day,i get failed to execute script when I try to open it,i also have the following info connected to problem, Traceback (most recent call last): File "ATSinstaller.pyw",...
  8. failed to execute script

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to execute script: hello,i use a game from steam & i use a separate programme(3rd party)to install items on it,it was working perfectly up to yesterday,when i open the app & click on an item i get the following failed to execute script,i have un/reinstalled it but no joy,any help would be...
  9. Batch Script to execute in Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch Script to execute in Win 10 pro: I'm looking for a batch script that can: Pull the single row taskbar to a 3 row taskbar and lock it in place in its default location (bottom). Change the time format at the bottom right corner from default to have e.g. "2:00 AM" in the first row, "Saturday" in the second...
  10. Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10: How to: Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 How to Set PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 The PowerShell script execution policies enables you to determine which Windows PowerShell scripts (if any) will be allowed to run on your...