Windows 10: Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

Discus and support Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Writing Pad on my Windows 10 Tablet PC is missing several buttons and controls, as you can see here: [img] I don't know what's wrong --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brucewh, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Brucewh Win User

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

The Writing Pad on my Windows 10 Tablet PC is missing several buttons and controls, as you can see here:

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting [​IMG]

I don't know what's wrong -- *Confused -- but this is bad! Apart from being an ugly black/dark grey pad, all of the elements necessary to use it effectively are absent. I can print or write longhand, but then I can't send the text to insert point. The capabilities I had on my Windows 8.1 Tablet PC (now belonging to another) are almost all missing, and they shouldn't be.

Windows help pages, and every other page I could find through Google, say that I should be able to see the end of it at the left edge of the screen, and pull it out when I want it. Well, that doesn't happen. I'm also supposed to have a character edit mode, see recognition result, perform editaction like joining or splitting words, and so forth. Again, no.

All that happens is that I have to bring up the writing pad manually. My handwriting appears on the line, but nothing happens, visibly, after that. It isn't converted to text. Hitting the Enter button in the pad will sometimes send the text version of what I wrote, but mostly it just sends a CrLf to the focus point.

Handwriting recognition is essential to me away from (I rely upon speech recognition on my desktop machine at home). I would be finitely grateful if someone could help me solve this problem so that I can use my computer for handwriting input.

Oh ... Windows 10 came installed on my computer. Clean install, not an upgrade.

:)

Brucewh, Apr 8, 2016
  2. zenithkhu Win User

m5800 dail pad missing characters

m5800 dail pad does not have characters for input

zenithkhu, Apr 8, 2016
  3. David-X Win User
    Windows 10 pin entry does not display numbers

When i log on to my surface pro 3, the pin pad does not display numbers. Instead, each button on the keypad displays an empty square. This also appears in some apps. It's almost like when you have a font that is missing characters so it displays a default
    symbol to indicate "missing character". Anyone else ever see this?

David-X, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

1. Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting - Similar Threads - Writing Pad missing

2. touch pad settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad settings: Whenever my finger drifts towards the left side of the touchpad, possibly only the left top, it causes my app or browser that I'm working in to zoom in. I need to disable that but I can't find the setting for it....
  3. touch pad movement on the buttons

touch pad movement on the buttons: Please fix this issue as it is a Royal pain in the **** when the curser moves off of what you are trying to click on and clicks on unwanted links due to the movement of the curser by the buttons of the touchpad. The buttons should be for clicking on NOT movement of the...
  4. Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...: I just reset my Surface Pro 4, and sadly found out the April 2018 updates killed the language settings in control panel. I know this below topic gives an option to use PowerShell to modify language list, but it is not something I needed....
  5. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...
  6. Touch pad buttons

Touch pad buttons: Right & left mouse buttons seem to be inactivated on HP laptop. How do I activate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-buttons/95f6496d-a368-45b9-96af-4d2e4fc2ee75
  7. Foreign language character input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...
  8. Word Pad settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Pad settings: Having problems in the middle of typing a document - it has a automatically gone into double spacing and I cannot correct it to single spacing, any help would be appreciated....
  9. Cant Edit or Write to Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant Edit or Write to Registry: I have been working with windows 10 X64 PRO for a little bit now. I can still not figure out why my scripts (.vbs) or .exe that I push to or use on my domain machines will not edit or create keys in the registry. The only way i can do it is to full kill UAC then reboot then...
  10. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button: Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update. Apparently a similar problem is...