Windows 10: Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

Discus and support Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Writing Pad on my Windows 10 Tablet PC is missing several buttons and controls, as you can see here: [img] I don't know what's wrong --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brucewh, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Brucewh Win User

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

The Writing Pad on my Windows 10 Tablet PC is missing several buttons and controls, as you can see here:

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting [​IMG]

I don't know what's wrong -- *Confused -- but this is bad! Apart from being an ugly black/dark grey pad, all of the elements necessary to use it effectively are absent. I can print or write longhand, but then I can't send the text to insert point. The capabilities I had on my Windows 8.1 Tablet PC (now belonging to another) are almost all missing, and they shouldn't be.

Windows help pages, and every other page I could find through Google, say that I should be able to see the end of it at the left edge of the screen, and pull it out when I want it. Well, that doesn't happen. I'm also supposed to have a character edit mode, see recognition result, perform editaction like joining or splitting words, and so forth. Again, no.

All that happens is that I have to bring up the writing pad manually. My handwriting appears on the line, but nothing happens, visibly, after that. It isn't converted to text. Hitting the Enter button in the pad will sometimes send the text version of what I wrote, but mostly it just sends a CrLf to the focus point.

Handwriting recognition is essential to me away from (I rely upon speech recognition on my desktop machine at home). I would be finitely grateful if someone could help me solve this problem so that I can use my computer for handwriting input.

Oh ... Windows 10 came installed on my computer. Clean install, not an upgrade.

:)

Brucewh, Apr 8, 2016
  2. zenithkhu Win User

m5800 dail pad missing characters

m5800 dail pad does not have characters for input

zenithkhu, Apr 8, 2016
  3. David-X Win User
    Windows 10 pin entry does not display numbers

When i log on to my surface pro 3, the pin pad does not display numbers. Instead, each button on the keypad displays an empty square. This also appears in some apps. It's almost like when you have a font that is missing characters so it displays a default
    symbol to indicate "missing character". Anyone else ever see this?

David-X, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

1. Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting - Similar Threads - Writing Pad missing

2. Ps5 controller touch pad button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps5 controller touch pad button: why does everytime when i use a ps5 controller for a pc it has problems, when i press the touch pad button which for some reason increases my volume and starts a song on spotify on every game, i tried to fix this on steam to but looks like it maybe it is a microsoft problem...
  3. Ps5 controller touch pad button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps5 controller touch pad button: why does everytime when i use a ps5 controller for a pc it has problems, when i press the touch pad button which for some reason increases my volume and starts a song on spotify on every game, i tried to fix this on steam to but looks like it maybe it is a microsoft problem...
  4. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  5. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  6. VPN edit button missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN edit button missing: Hi, When I create a VPN connection in windows 10, then later want to edit and go to 'Advanced options' of this connection, there is only 'Clear sign-in info' button and Edit button is missing. My user is administrator....
  7. EDITING WORD PAD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EDITING WORD PAD: When I type a document on word pad, it does not edit my spelling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-word-pad/051a0a3b-6c14-4e79-a4d6-f87deb051e4e
  8. no control of character inputs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no control of character inputs: My problem is that the number 2 keeps randomly being entered without being typed. I have done a system restore, a windows re-install, used different keyboards, and disconnected the keyboard, all to no avail. I'm using only the On-screen keyboard in typing this and the problem...
  9. Touch pad buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad buttons: Right & left mouse buttons seem to be inactivated on HP laptop. How do I activate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-buttons/95f6496d-a368-45b9-96af-4d2e4fc2ee75
  10. Foreign language character input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...