Windows 10: Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update

Discus and support Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just a day ago I applied the latest feature update to Windows. Prior to that any Office application would write a .pdf version - Word, Excel etc Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Thatcher, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update

Just a day ago I applied the latest feature update to Windows.

Prior to that any Office application would write a .pdf version - Word, Excel etc

Now, when I try to write a .pdf, Word says it “Could not open file”. Excel appears to do the write but does not generate a preview as it did before.

When I now use Word to try to open any previously created .pdf with Word, it says it cannot find the relevant file.

However, despite Word and Excel claiming they have not been able to write these files, they have indeed written them! And I can open them with Adobe Reader; their contents are exactly what I would expect.

I have repaired Office 2013 … no change to these symptoms.

What’s going on?

:)

George Thatcher, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 7, 2019
  3. tater1955 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Oct 7, 2019
  4. tater1955 Win User

Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

But does it work for Office 2007?

tater1955, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update

1. Writing .pdf files from Office following Windows Feature Update - Similar Threads - Writing pdf files

2. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  3. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  4. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Boot failure following windows 10 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot failure following windows 10 feature update: Hi I have a PC with Windows 10 64 bit. I ran a feature update that stuck 48% even after leaving overnight. With no other option I turned off and rebooted hoping that it would repair/roll back the update. Alas I am now in a pickle. BSOD here's what I've tried so far. Hopefully...
  6. Windows 10 and Office 365 menu text turned into squares following Feature update 1903

Windows 10 and Office 365 menu text turned into squares following Feature update 1903: Hi, It would seem since the latest feature update to Windows 10 (1903), the OS and any Microsoft software will eventually display menus with squares inplace of the characters. In Notepad the body text has changed to the squares and in Outlook and Excel that I use all the...
  7. Windows Features Update 1903 and Office 2016

Windows Features Update 1903 and Office 2016: I have just updated from Win 10 1809 to 1903 and now every time I go to go into my Office 2016 suite of programs I have to enter the Product key, Instal then when the program opens I have to Activate it by re-entering the product key and re-installing again. I tried to...
  8. Write Answer in a PDF-file:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write Answer in a PDF-file:: Why can I not Write answers in a PDF-document? I have received a dokument where I have to answer questions and reply. But - I cannot write the answers in the dokument. It only turns blue - Why??? What shall I do to make it work? It is an important dokument.... Thank...
  9. Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter: Years ago, I used an online service to create a Resume. It was downloaded as a Pdf file. I need to update that file now but am having problems. Supposedly I could use Worrd to convert Pdf to Docx. Couldn't do it. So I used an on-line converter. Got the file, tried using...
  10. The new Office—October feature update

in Windows 10 News
    The new Office—October feature update: Welcome to our first new Office update post in which we share the features we are delivering to our Office customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Office Online. This month we expanded Skype integration in Office Online, introduced an Office Online extension for...