Windows 10: writing system info specific lines to file

Discus and support writing system info specific lines to file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am pulling information with a batch file from domain PCs using systeminfo in command prompt and other commands. I am wanting to pull... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyO_99, Oct 7, 2019.

1. TonyO_99 Win User

writing system info specific lines to file

Hello,

I am pulling information with a batch file from domain PCs using systeminfo in command prompt and other commands. I am wanting to pull specific lines to reduce clutter in the output file. by using:

systeminfo | findstr /C:"Host Name:" /C:"OS Name" /C:"ETC ETC"> c:\"filepath"

it is working fine, except,

I was trying to find a way to pull the NIC information but can only get the first line to pull obviously by adding the part: /C:"Network Card(s)"

I only get that first line output of: " 2 NIC(s) Installed. " I need the following lines of NIC information as well.

is there any way someone can work out how to pull the following lines of nic information from the output like this:

Network Card(s): 2 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM
    Connection Name: Ethernet
    DHCP Enabled: Yes
    DHCP Server: "redacted"
    IP address(es)
    [01]: "redacted"
    [02]: "redacted:
    [02]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection

reason being is that some devices will be laptops with wifi and ethernet nics, and like I said I would like to simplify the output files as much as possible because I will be using those txt files for other purposes, like pulling info into a db.

Thank you,

Tony

:)

TonyO_99, Oct 7, 2019

2. Writing batch files

I haven't done any coding for a very long time and I am looking for a tutorial and command list for making a batch file in win10. All I can seem to find are videos or sites that tell you that you use notepad to save a file as a .bat with virtually no info
    on the actual programming/scripting. I know it'll all come back to me once I do one or two basic files, but I need a detailed refresher. Any suggestions?

(Specifically, I need a program to replace lines in one text file with lines from a different text file.)

CosmicCowboy, Oct 7, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 7, 2019
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Pulling specific lines of text

I want to pull specific lines of text from a constantly updating log file such as..

The lines I'm interested in start with "Info: Client". I'd like to write the username from the connected lines to a file, and then remove the name when the disconnected lines come up. This needs to be done on a windows computer so I was looking at notepad++ and have got it to where it auto updates the file opened but that's about it.

I have limited experience with batch files. So I was thinking I could write one of those to run a notepad++ macro/script that does what I need and just use windows task scheduler to do it every 15 minutes or so.

The newly created text file will display on a webpage to show currently connected user.

ShiBDiB, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. writing system info specific lines to file - Similar Threads - writing system info

2. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?: Hello ExpertsWhen I run the below command, it creates a bat file with trailing new linedir /r /s /b setup.exe > installMe.batinstallMe.bat content is as belowC:\temp\folder1\setup.exe then there is a newline hereI dont want newline in the installMe.bat, since later, I want to...
  3. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?: Hello ExpertsWhen I run the below command, it creates a bat file with trailing new linedir /r /s /b setup.exe > installMe.batinstallMe.bat content is as belowC:\temp\folder1\setup.exe then there is a newline hereI dont want newline in the installMe.bat, since later, I want to...
  4. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Prevent specific app writing on specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent specific app writing on specific folder: There's a 3rd-party app I have that let me connect to servers to play warcraft 3 with others. It is a great alternative for battle .net. But I am annoyed and worried of what it does. It generates random files inside system's "Windows" and "SysWOW64" folder. It's just weird...
  6. Disk full, bad system info, command line help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk full, bad system info, command line help: Hello, I have a computer that started to display the blue screen of death, bad_system_info. After trying all of the recoveries, resets, nothing has worked. I got to the command line to try the regback commands to clear it. Problem is, the hard drive is totally full without...
  7. When writing with pen , a long line appears and writing becomes laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When writing with pen , a long line appears and writing becomes laggy: hi about 2 weeks ago I bought Huion hs 610 drawing tablet .It worked just fine when I was drawing and writing until recently. It works when I draw in windows ink whiteboard but when I want to write something in a textbox as soon as move my pen it draws a long line in...
  8. Show specific info on specific files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show specific info on specific files.: Hi Everybody. Can someone help me? I'd love to have my windows 10 to show Exposion, ISO, F-stop, Shutter, every tom I open a picture in a folder. How can I set this for all folders, so I do not have to do it every time I open a new folder with pictures? All the best....
  9. "no write permission to specific location" issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "no write permission to specific location" issues: have windows 10 unfortunately, and using Kodak printer to scan docs and pics-getting message "no write permission to specific location". NOTHING has been changed by me to my system, but seems EVERY time windows sneaks in to do an upgrade I have another annoying problem. How...
  10. BSOD .dmp file and system info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD .dmp file and system info: Hi there I hope I'm posting this in the right place? I was following the "Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver." thread and have got the .dmp file and system info links here: - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmXfeEzR1K_YgR_LigraN-Ixp9wz...