Windows 10: Writing text files via script are corrupted

Discus and support Writing text files via script are corrupted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded a computer from the previous Win10 to Win10 AE. I have a compiled AutoIt script which I use to read in text files from a folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rossnixon, Sep 1, 2016.

1. rossnixon Win User

Writing text files via script are corrupted

I've just upgraded a computer from the previous Win10 to Win10 AE.
    I have a compiled AutoIt script which I use to read in text files from a folder and write them out again after modifications. This has worked for years.
    The files were partially corrupted today. I repeated it to check.

Moving the files and script to another computer (earlier Win10), it ran fine.

I doubt there would have been a change to how Windows reads and writes to the file system??
    I'll ask in the AutoIt forum, as they may have an idea of what's happening.

:)

rossnixon, Sep 1, 2016

2. Create a PowerShell script to create a copy

Which part are you having issue with?

Writing the powershell script or calling it via a scheduled task?

Shenan Stanley, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Windows Update error - status: 0x80070003, failure source: DOQ?

Hi folks,

We're investigating a case of a registry corruption that sometimes occurs on Windows 10 (1511) systems. Systems with this problem run into an error while trying to install updates. At this time the reason for the corruption
    is not fully understood, but it may be the result of a third-party tool of some kind.

(If your CBS.log file shows status: 0x80070003, failure source: DOQ you might be experiencing this problem.)

We are working on a tool to try to solve this, which would enable you to update your computer. We're hoping that you can help us gather some data to refine our tool.

If your Windows 10 (1511) system is unable to take the latest updates, we'd love it if you'd run the below script to see if you are encountering this particular problem. The script doesn't change the state of your
    system in any way, it just scans some log files, filters on some specific error patterns, and checks if corresponding files are present in the system's driver store.

Here's how to run the script:

1. Press Windows-R and run powershell.exe

2. Paste the below script into the Powershell window and press Enter

3. If the script indicates you have the problem, let me know!

Please note: It's okay if the script gives a red "ObjectNotFound" error, just so long as it doesn't say at the end that corruption was found. Writing text files via script are corrupted :)

Below is the script. As always, your help is greatly appreciated! - John Wink [MSFT]

$issuefound = $false

$files = gci $env:windir\inf\setupapi*.log

$errors = $files | Select-String "!!! *inf: *Invalid INF '.*', parsing error on line 0. Code = 1002"

$infs = $errors -Replace ".*!!! *inf: *Invalid INF '(.*)', parsing error on line 0. Code = 1002",'$1' | Sort-Object -Unique

foreach ($inf in $infs) {

if (-not (Test-Path $inf)) {

Write-Warning "Please contact Microsoft, corruption found in $inf"

$issuefound = $true

}

}

if (-not $issuefound) {

Write-Host "Registry Corruption issue not found. Thanks for your time"

}

John W [MSFT], Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Writing text files via script are corrupted

1. Writing text files via script are corrupted - Similar Threads - Writing text files

2. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Writing scripts in Windows Terminal: I need to enable writing scripts in Windows Terminal. Like scripts in programming languages aka Python. How could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/writing-scripts-in-windows-terminal/cc461b0d-9a36-428d-a08e-4630b1e447b3
  3. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Writing scripts in Windows Terminal: I need to enable writing scripts in Windows Terminal. Like scripts in programming languages aka Python. How could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/writing-scripts-in-windows-terminal/cc461b0d-9a36-428d-a08e-4630b1e447b3
  4. Writing scripts in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  6. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  7. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Writing Script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Writing Script: Hello, Could anyone write a script that would force automatic download and installation of drivers via Windows update? I care that you do not have to click Windows Update in the GUI, only that after calling the script it will download if there are any missing 175617
  9. Corrupt script

Corrupt script: Hi ,every time i log in i get a message saying C:\users\garry\.... i now cannot use a few apps eg. discord i cannot even remove the apps to start again.. please ...The C:\users\ garry\ .. is getting to me.. GGGRRR...
  10. Corrupted Text?

Corrupted Text?: Text in certain browsers (whether it be for the internet, such as Google Chrome, or in game browsers like Battlenet) are glitching out for me. I can't understand why this is happening, if it's a part for my pc or something else. Can anyone give ideas why this is happening? I...