Windows 10: Writing to the root ... C:\

Discus and support Writing to the root ... C:\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I turn around, I'm not able to save files to the root of C drive. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem once and for all time? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D0_We11, Dec 20, 2019.

1. D0_We11 Win User

Writing to the root ... C:\

Every time I turn around, I'm not able to save files to the root of C drive. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem once and for all time? I don't care that some people feel as though I shouldn't be writing there. I have times when I need to edit files there or I just want to write a file there because I'm eccentric. I'm logged on as a so called SUPER-SUPER USER and I want to write to the root of C:\.

If anyone is still not sure I should be writing there I'd like to say that I am the one and only one who is on this PC and should be able to do as I please. My question is: Why can''t I write to the root of C:\?

Thanks in advance.

:)

D0_We11, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 20, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How to get rights to copy to Root of C:

What do you mean ? Here's the screen shot:

Writing to the root ... C:\ [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 20, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Writing to the root ... C:\ - Similar Threads - Writing root

2. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  3. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  4. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  6. MSN news posts, why do they disappear as soon as you write them?? is it fake??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN news posts, why do they disappear as soon as you write them?? is it fake??: are they just collecting personal profiles and selling that info? they seem to have a lot of fox news and pro trump articles.* Moved from Community Center...
  7. MSN news posts, why do they disappear as soon as you write them?? is it fake??

MSN news posts, why do they disappear as soon as you write them?? is it fake??: are they just collecting personal profiles and selling that info? they seem to have a lot of fox news and pro trump articles.* Moved from Community Center...
  8. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?: Hello there, I am having trouble with my External Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1 TB Blue, it keeps freezing at times and when I check Task Manager, it shows 100% on the read and write. I suspect the drive maybe corrupted so I ran chkdsk. It ran for a couple of days...
  9. Here it is again. Can't write to Root of C: drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Here it is again. Can't write to Root of C: drive.: [ATTACH] Tried to edit an .inf file. [ATTACH] Tried to save an MS Word file Root C: [ATTACH] Similar with MS Excel. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/here-it-is-again-cant-write-to-root-of-c-drive/022edb99-ee18-41ff-b808-a4950c0a5665
  10. Allow write access to C:/ root

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow write access to C:/ root: Even though I am administrator on my PC, I do not have write access to C:/. (Win 10 Pro) Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 10905